Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left the Garden for NFCU!!! 15k!

tag
lexandra90
Frequent Contributor

Left the Garden for NFCU!!! 15k!

so ive been gardening 11 months total and wanted next month to be my year and then do a noce dec mini spree. but my step dad mentioned USAA checking accounts and called in to set me up on his account. To pass it down to me they said. anywho I asked about NFCU and we called and did the app and I got approved for membership. Today I received my access number and logged in and applied. thinking I would get denied I was approved for 15k  got the cash rewards one. I didnt think I would at all. im like the CC bad luck girl or whatever. lol I did my happy dance around the house for a few mins and printed my application approval paper to hang on my desk and look at. My util is 42 ugly percent. I was going to be done paying it all december 2nd. Now I am wondering how my scores are going to look once this beauty reports and I knock my Util to 5%!!. OMGZ Im so happy. Ive been lurking here for years and  love coming here and living vicariously thru everyones approvals. Smiley Happy

Credit: $80K Total Credit Lines...Gardening until 7/2018
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
lexandra90
Frequent Contributor

Re: Left the Garden for NFCU!!! 15k!

and to add I will continue to pay off my existing CC's thru dec 2nd like planned. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 19
MzCharming
New Contributor

@lexandra90 wrote:

so ive been gardening 11 months total and wanted next month to be my year and then do a noce dec mini spree. but my step dad mentioned USAA checking accounts and called in to set me up on his account. To pass it down to me they said. anywho I asked about NFCU and we called and did the app and I got approved for membership. Today I received my access number and logged in and applied. thinking I would get denied I was approved for 15k  got the cash rewards one. I didnt think I would at all. im like the CC bad luck girl or whatever. lol I did my happy dance around the house for a few mins and printed my application approval paper to hang on my desk and look at. My util is 42 ugly percent. I was going to be done paying it all december 2nd. Now I am wondering how my scores are going to look once this beauty reports and I knock my Util to 5%!!. OMGZ Im so happy. Ive been lurking here for years and  love coming here and living vicariously thru everyones approvals. Smiley Happy

From what I know.... Run! Do not Walk back to the computer and ask for the full 15K on NAVLOC! I am sure that CreditAddict or some of the other more experienced ppl will chime in but you are almost a shoe in!

Congrats!

Where I Started: TU: 492 EQ: 411 EX: 486
Where I Am: TU:550 EQ: 530, EX 557
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS! I love NFCU- I went from 500----->5000----->10000... at 3 months ask for a 25k CLI- itll approve or counter Smiley Very Happy  (hopefully) lol

Message 4 of 19
lexandra90
Frequent Contributor

what info do I need for NAVLOC, paystubs right? anything else??

Message 5 of 19
lexandra90
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATS! I love NFCU- I went from 500----->5000----->10000... at 3 months ask for a 25k CLI- itll approve or counter Smiley Very Happy  (hopefully) lol

is it HP or SP?? Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 19
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 19
MzCharming
New Contributor

@lexandra90 wrote:

what info do I need for NAVLOC, paystubs right? anything else??

To begin with, nothing, when I applied for my mother I went for the jugular (15K) they countered with 14K and required her checkstubs... My brother we started with 5K and 5 mths later I asked for CLI of 15K and got it with no problems. I say go for it and just put in the required info and let them tell you what they need. (I don't go volunteering info unless needed. I also work in the banking industry so.... Smiley Happy Just my beliefs.
YMMV, but I think this is a HP... but totally worth it for an addl 15K to dilute your util. Just my 2 cents!

@Creditaddict!!!!!!!!!! What sayth you???

Where I Started: TU: 492 EQ: 411 EX: 486
Where I Am: TU:550 EQ: 530, EX 557
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lexandra90 wrote:

Very jealous! Hope I get in with them very soon. Congratulations!

Message 9 of 19
lexandra90
Frequent Contributor

i havent gotten any hard pull alerts yet except for on TU, I will try hopefully it wont hurt me. I have about 4 inqs on TU now lol 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.