Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Awaited APP SPREE!

tag
TheFate
Established Contributor

Long Awaited APP SPREE!

I've waited for this day for almost 2 years while slowly gardening my current cards and slowly building up my report. It was a long journey and I'm please to share my success with you all and to motivate the ones who are at where I was not too long ago... there's light at the end of the tunnel

So lets get to it!

First card which was #1 on my list:

Sallie Mae Mastercard -  Instant Approval FOR WORLD MASTERCARD $5,000 !

(Called the backdoor number to request a larger limit but no luck they felt they were fair on their offer for now... Which is fine because its still a great limit!)

2nd on my list:

Discover IT - After calling in to verify all the info needed APPROVED $3,500 !

(No luck with backdoor number as well but this was a dream card to get for me and I'm just glad to be on board)

3rd on my list:

US Bank Cash+ - Under review **(7/18/15 UPDATE Cash+ was APPROVED for $5,000 !)

Last but not least:

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - Instant Approval $4,500 ! **(7/17/15 Countered and new Line is $9,000 !)

So a grand total of $22,500k of new credit! All in all I wanted to keep going maybe apply for Chase Freedom and Target Red or Bestbuy but I decided to hold myself back and calm down lol Spreeing can make you anxious and have you doing things you may regret later... Being apart of American Express is HUGE to me. I went from a 532 score just a few years ago to getting prime cards with great limits and I wouldn't be where I am today without all the hard work I put in, patience and all the advice and great info I received on this site.. u guys are truly awesome and I couldn't thank you enough.

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Long Awaited APP SPREE!

Congratulations! Very impressive Smiley Happy 

Message 2 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awsome!! Congrats!! 

Message 3 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations...you did well on the spree!

Message 4 of 49
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Awesome! You did quite well. Congrats!
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 5 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals.  Great cads.

Message 6 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! And honestly, if I were you I would go ahead and get a Chase card now (maybe even a Capital One Venture... actually, I would definitely get the Venture).

Message 7 of 49
TheFate
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!! And honestly, if I were you I would go ahead and get a Chase card now (maybe even a Capital One Venture... actually, I would definitely get the Venture).

Venture does look like a great card but do you really think its better than the Chase Sapphire and Chase Freedom combo?

Message 8 of 49
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS!!!
Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 9 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  It can be a trap apping for cards because getting approved is a great feeling.  I find myself buying a tank of gas and then paying off a card just to keep it active.  I am sure the CC companies would like it if I spent more money on a few cards rather than trying to maintain 13.  The next few days will be crucical for you to resist the urge.  Even after paying all of my bills in full on the 1st, I depositied some money in the bank and paid off three cards today.  I wake up every day wondering how in the heck did I get all that credit.  I don't know that I'll ever apply for another one in this life.

Message 10 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.