Long Awaited APP SPREE!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Long Awaited APP SPREE!

@TheFate wrote:

**UPDATE

So good news and bad news..

I called US Banks underwriters today to find out the status of my application for the Cash+ and it turns out it was approved yesterday and already in the mail.

Bad news is it was a limit of only 1k? I don't understand why they offered so low considering all my other cards and the long review process they did to approve me.

I requested a larger limit right there on the spot and when asked how much I requested 5k. He said they will have someone review the account again w/out another HP and I would hear back from them Monday. Anyone have any experience with US bank counter offers? Are they pretty giving when countering?

Definately good news that i least you got in and better news that you got all the cards you applied for!

Good luck on the CLI!

Message 41 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for the Amex for 3500 and got the 3x increase the day I received it. 10500. Do it day of. Mine said 7 to 10 day for decision and the next day it was in my account.
Message 42 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow

Message 43 of 49
TheFate
Established Contributor

@Italiannyc17 wrote:
I was approved for the Amex for 3500 and got the 3x increase the day I received it. 10500. Do it day of. Mine said 7 to 10 day for decision and the next day it was in my account.

I took ur guys advice and decided why wait 61 days, just request the 3xCLI now...Didn't get the full 3xcli but I got a 2cli which puts me at 9k.. not bad. Not sure why I didn't get the full 3x but it's still better than the initial approval

Now when's the next time I can request a line increase and do you request 3x each time?

Message 44 of 49
black_citi
Established Contributor

Awesome, Congrats! I have 3 more cards I want to get in the future. Csp, freedom and Discover it. I was thinking of the amex plat but I changed my mind.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 45 of 49
newhis
Valued Contributor

@TheFate wrote:

@Italiannyc17 wrote:

I took ur guys advice and decided why wait 61 days, just request the 3xCLI now...Didn't get the full 3xcli but I got a 2cli which puts me at 9k.. not bad. Not sure why I didn't get the full 3x but it's still better than the initial approval

Now when's the next time I can request a line increase and do you request 3x each time?

You have to wait 180 days from approval, so people ask again at day 181. If they deny you is 90 days for next try. As of today, if you request before those dates, they will auto deny you but will not reset the clock, that can change any time, but trial and error gives good information to the forum. Good luck.

Message 46 of 49
TheFate
Established Contributor

**UPDATE

So now after finding out a week later I was approved for the US Bank Cash+, Just now I get an email stating "Congrats on your new US Bank Cash Rewards card earn 1% on every purchase!" 1%?? Que?

I dig up some research and find out you need to have a min credit line of 5k to get the Cash+ otherwise they will only give you the Cash rewards card.. This 1% card does nothing for me... I read it could be later PC'd but I'm going to call them Monday morning to find out the status on my countered CLI request and mention I want the Cash+ as well.

Has this happen to any of you? This is strange, my credit is not bad at all. Most of my cards are all 6-10k and my income is good. Yet US Bank puts training wheels on me and treats me like i'm some teenager new to credit. Not a good first impression

Message 47 of 49
TheFate
Established Contributor

** 7/18/15 ANOTHER UPDATE!

Just got the best news! Called into US Bank underwriting today to see if they were open since its saturday and luckily got ahold of someone. Really cool guy! I advised him that I received an email stating the cash rewards card was being mailed to me and not the Cash+ that I initially applied for. He said yes, the cash rewards card was approved and not the cash+ due to the fact I was only approved for a 1k limit and that I needed 5k min to receive the cash+. I told him that the cash rewards card does nothing for me as I already have a 2% everyday purchase rewards card and I think my file can support a 5k limit from them. He stated that the initial approval was a computer based system and if I like I can have a manual review done. Obviously I said yes while crossing my fingers.

1 hour later I get a call from US bank stating I was Approved for the 5k and the Cash+ card was on the way! Awesome news!! So in the end all of my applications were a success... very happy camper right now!!

Message 48 of 49
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Very nice!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 49 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.