too much drama, glad you finally got it enjoy Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 18
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Re: Longest "pending" app?

@gdale6 wrote:

too much drama, glad you finally got it enjoy Smiley Happy

Too much drama indeed!  Thanks Smiley Happy

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 12 of 18
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 13 of 18
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@sunkissed wrote:

On March 9th I applied for Amex Hilton Surpass and was approved.  Hoping to get a second Amex with one HP, I immediately applied for SPG.  Instead of another instant approval, I got an application "pending" on the SPG.  I tried to call to follow-up, but the new applications line isn’t manned on Sundays.

I called Monday (Mar 10th) morning and was told the application is pending because I applied for two cards on the same day.  I assured the CSR that I had purposefully applied for both.  He told me they had not yet reached a decision, but would have an update by Friday (Mar 14th).

Still no email or update on the application status website, so I finally called Saturday Mar 15th.  I was told the application is still pending and to give it another couple of days.

The next day, Sunday Mar 16th the website status updated to “declined”.  I was actually kind of relieved.  I had picked up the Hilton card with a $3,000 min spend in 3 months and Southwest card with a $2,000 min spend in 3 months.  SPG has a $5,000 min spend within 6 months.  As much as I would have loved to have 2 Amex cards backdated to 2005, I have never had that much in minimum spend to meet at the same time.  Oh the pressure!

Fast forward to this Saturday Mar 22nd: I receive a letter from Amex, which I assumed was the reason I was declined on SPG and it was.  “Due to the freeze you place on your credit report”.  What?

Well what had happened was…on Mar 9th, after I submitted my original applications, I headed out to run some errands and my tote bag was stolen – in it several credit cards.  I promptly notified the police, cancelled the stolen cards and put a freeze on my reports, just to be safe.

I called Amex, as instructed by the letter they sent, to give them permission to look at my report.  (so much for 2 apps with 1 HP)!  The very rude CSR, took my info, put me on hold, and came back to tell me the application is pending.  “Please call back in 24 hours”.  But that was this Saturday (Mar 22nd), and from my previous experience, I know that department is not open on Sunday.

So today…Mar 24th, I called to check the status of my application – still pending.  However, the CSR saw how long this had dragged on and offered to check into it if I was willing to hold.  Of course, I held.  He asked me to give it another couple of hours and for sure they would have a decision.

I gave them 3 ½ hours before calling back.  STILL PENDING!!!!  This CSR also offered to place me on hold to follow up on it.  I sat on hold for nearly 15 minutes.  Finally...APPROVED!  Credit limit of 5K, overnighting card.

I’m exhausted!

Congrats on your approval after the long wait Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 14 of 18
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@sunkissed wrote:

@BigBS wrote:

Did it cost you a 2nd HP?  I did this about a month ago when I applied for the Gold Delta AMEX and wanted to get the Blue Sky.  Called the number on the e-mail and spent a day on here wondering if it would mean a 2nd HP since the CSR told me it would not be touched for 3 or 4 days.  Opted to cancel the app and wound up getting my Barclays Arrival.  I still wonder what would have happened if I had waited.

Yes, it cost another HP.  I think it will be worth it Smiley Wink

That's what I thought would happen to me, but other than the backdating feel pretty good about my decision.  Go enjoy that new card!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 15 of 18
virgo
Established Contributor

sunkissed, may I ask how many ing's you had at the time of app. 

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW! Too much. Congrats!
Message 17 of 18
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@virgo wrote:

sunkissed, may I ask how many ing's you had at the time of app. 

I had 14 inq on Ex, most within the last year; 3 within the last 6 months.

I had a busy 2013.  Two backdated Amex cards will hopefully boost my AAoA.  Before my latest apps (Chase SW, Amex Hilton, Amex SPG), my AAoA was 4.2 yrs.  Oldest account 18.8 yrs. Util was at 3%.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.