Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Love GE - Auto CLI

I got my upgrade offers for the BR Visa and the Wmt Discover after having 26 months of a spotless pmt history and a $2k+ limit with each store card before the upgrades.

I'd assume that the ON Visa has the same credit criterion as the BR Visa...
I wonder if the underwriters can do an upgrade? Might be worth a shot to ask an uw, not a CSR
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon opened July 2012 $600 - auto CLI $900 Nov - called backline to see if I could get to $1,200 - approved

JCPenney open Aug 2012 $100 - auto CLI $200 Nov 

Old Navy open Aug 2012 $200 - auto CLI $400 Nov

Lowe's open Oct 2012 $300 - called backdoor for increase - denied

Excited about Amazon as the holidays are right around the corner.  Baby steps for the rest.

Non-GE - Macy's - openend in Aug 2012 $300 - called underwriting, denied - sadly cost me a hardpull on EX which is my best score Smiley Sad UTL >10% when inquired.  50k annual.  I use the card and pay it off each month.

Message 13 of 16
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

Congrats! It's why I'm happy I have the two GE cards now. I've heard about their generous CLI and can't wait when they start doing the same for me. Smiley Happy

BK7 Discharge: 2/18.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

When do the new CLs report to the CRAs?  Just wondering when it;ll effect my utl %

Message 15 of 16
distantarray
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@rtw wrote:

LS2982,

Do you know if you can call in for an upgrade or do you have to wait for them to invite you?

Unfortunately you have to wait until they feel your ready, i've asked on a few occasions with Walmart / Old Navy and its a computer decision.

this is false information given by the wrong people, the underwritters can over ride anything. I got a 5x CLI when I called in, openned for 4 months and only used it ONCE for $50 day before calling the underwritters. but to be fair my credit score was increased by almost 100 points since then. if you have a perfectly clean report 10x CLI is not uncommon

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.