Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love PenFed!!!

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Love PenFed!!!

A friendly reminder: please keep all posts friendly, supportive, and respectful per the terms of use for this site. There is no reason to flame others if they do not agree with your opinion of a certain banking / lending institution.

Thanks guys!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 41 of 49
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats Mr postman! Nice to see that you've had a great experience with penfed and navy fed! Cu's rock!
FICO 9:

Message 42 of 49
bs6054
Valued Contributor

I was looking at Penfed's bank fees and I saw this:

Excess of 15 transactions per cycle (all accounts)... 0.50

A little hard to tell, but I think this is for bill pay.  Now 50c isn't exactly a lot, but is this type of charge normal?  The banks I use (mainly internet ones) all have unlimited bill pay.

Message 43 of 49
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Congrats Mr postman! Nice to see that you've had a great experience with penfed and navy fed! Cu's rock!

Thanks web

I opened my Penfed back 2008 back then score was still to low so i let my 40 or 50 bucks baked in the oven(checking) for 4 years july this year I opened the oven back and wallah Penfed loves me now i guess they like to see long relationship before they offer you bread and coffee. 

Message 44 of 49
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

RoFL. I love those analogies!!! Navy fed doesn't guard the cookie jar quite as closely as PEN fed; but you might as well order your last meal if you ever screw them over; so ive heard from stories on this and other sites.

FICO 9:

Message 45 of 49
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
RoFL. I love those analogies!!! Navy fed doesn't guard the cookie jar quite as closely as navy fed; but you might as well order your last meal if you ever screw them over; so ive heard from stories on this and other sites.

Navy fed doesn't guard the cookie jar quite as closely as navy fed

Actually, I'm pretty sure they're are exactly the same!  I assume that one of these is meant to be Penfed.

Message 46 of 49
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Oops! Haha I fixed that! You know your add is bad when you cant type a sentence without losing your focus!!
FICO 9:

Message 47 of 49
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

I appd for the navy but u have to be in the military zone to get approved.So i appd with penfed and after some back and forward approved at 6500$.I am really grateful to Penfed.Iam also grateful for all the posts we share here and ideas that help everyone getting some light on this long tunnel called Credit approval.

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 48 of 49
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

This thread is locked and under moderator review.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 49 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.