Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Contributor

Re: Low Credit Scores: Approved for both American Express Blue Cash and Everyday

low62 wrote:

congrats  i have a ex score of 671 keep getting  turn down for a american express

What's on your report? There has to be something on your report that they don't like.  Do you have high utilization? 

Current Scores (05/17) - Equifax 501 - TransUnion 491 - Experian 487

$500
Established Member

Re: Low Credit Scores: Approved for both American Express Blue Cash and Everyday

This is what I am NOT understanding.

I have such a weak credit report. Although I am greatful, I probably shouldn't be getting approved.

Last night I applied for the AmEx Gold Charge Card, and was approved for that as well. Somthing is definitely going on.

Have you ever had AmEx before?

Valued Member

I saw your post and I did the prequal and it suggested those cards. I applied for both and was approved for 1,000 on each. My experian score is 645. No collections but I do have charge offs
Valued Member

I did the prequal for my husband with higher scores and nothing came up
Established Member

Congrats! It sure is a good feeling when the shock factor wears off Smiley Happy

This morning, I just posted that I applied for the Gold Charge Card, I was approved for that as well.

Established Member

Dont be discouraged. Try the prequalifier another 30 days.

I tried back in Dec. and my scores were VERY similar to what they are now, there is still hope for your husband.

Valued Member

Thank u. I would apply for that one too but I don't want too many pulls
Valued Contributor

Very Nice!! Congrats on your approvals!!

AmexPlat(NPSL) AmexOpt (13.1k AU) Walmart(10k) Discover(8.5k) BB Visa(6k) Pier 1(5k) Kohls(3k) J Crew(2k) Amex Delta Gold(5k) Amex BCP(22k) BofA BBR(10k) BofA CR Siggy(15k) Barclaycard(5k) Venture WMC(10.25k) Chase FU(7k) Citi Diamond(5.5k) PenFed PCR(3K) Lowes(2K) NFCU VS Cash(5.5K) NFCU CLOC(5K)
FICO 8 Scores EX 710(15) EQ 678(13)TU 714(17) AAOA 3.0yrs TCL=142,850.00

Congrats on the 3 Amex approvals.  Moving from RYC to CC Approvals.

Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex approvals. Hopefully they will grow with you quickly and help you continue to boost your scores

State Farm Rewards (3,000) ~ Marvel MC (1,500) ~ PenFed Power Cash (5,000) ~ PenFed Promise (6,000) ~ PenFed OLOC (500) ~ Discover ($1,000) ~ Citi DC (1,700) ~ NFCU cashRewards (6,200) ~ NFCU Platinum (1,700) ~ NFCU CLOC (15,000) ~ QuickSilver Visa (10,300) ~ DCU Visa (5,000) ~ Chase Freedom Unlimited (3,000) ~ Amex Hilton Honors (5,000) ~ Amex SPG Business (3,000) ~ Care Credit (12,000)
Current Scores (6/8/17): 665 Transunion, 650 Equifax, 612 Experian

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.