Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowe's Credit Card Approval with Low Weird Limit

tag
vollybal
Regular Contributor

Lowe's Credit Card Approval with Low Weird Limit

Hey all, So I am moving into a house shortly and figured I would want to have a Lowe's Card for the odd things around the house.

I applied and was approved...

$337 SL WTH?!?!?!

So I know you can call the credit solution to see if they will increase...I did that and got a big fat NO.

Well I am a little surprised at such a low limit but hopefully after some time I can get it up to where most my other cards are.

Thanks for reading!

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Lowe's Credit Card Approval with Low Weird Limit

Weird indeed. Buy something small, let a statement cut, then call again, this seems to be a most recent trend. Most important you got the card and we know it can be CookieSmiley Wink. One poster recently got a sl like $801 so i guess there is always silver liningsSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 27
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

WHAT!? lol! That's crazy! 

I've seen odd numbers when a CLD happens but not a starting limit with a crazy number!

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 3 of 27
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

They do this all the time.  It's normal to the point if you actually got a round number like 4500 or something you'd think there's something wrong with Synch.

Just use it, let it cut, pay it, and call CS @ 877-379-8173

Message 4 of 27
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@vollybal wrote:

Hey all, So I am moving into a house shortly and figured I would want to have a Lowe's Card for the odd things around the house.

$337 SL WTH?!?!?!

So I know you can call the credit solution to see if they will increase...I did that and got a big fat NO.

Well I am a little surprised at such a low limit but hopefully after some time I can get it up to where most my other cards are.

Thanks for reading!

I'm surprised ....both with the "300" starting limit - seems very low, and especially that you called and they wouldn't bump it up. I started with a lower limit, it was 2004 so I don't remember what it was but I do remember it was something like $1200, anyway today I'm at $35k with Lowest and the wife's card is $25k - they do grow over time. 

If you want to have a little fun and tweak them back, go buy something for combined $299 and take their 6 months 0% promo financing, then call and complain that you have a lot more "projects" but you maxed out your credit line. Yeah you might take a small hit for a 90% utility on a small CL, but chances are they'll give you a CLI and then you can either pay the $299 or string them out for 0%. Smiley Tongue  

Message 5 of 27
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

I started at $300, several cli attempts with no luck. A month later, purchased a dishwasher for $295, let the balance post, paid it off, then in a month i was at $12K limit. Try it and see if it works. You can even buy your cleaning supplies at Lowes just to use the card, or a bottle of soda, just so you have some transactions post to your account.

Good Luck!

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 6 of 27
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

What were scores? Any baddies? Folks are just assuming one showed stats for higher SL.

Message 7 of 27
805orbust
Valued Contributor

@pipeguy I LOVE the way you think my friend!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vollybal wrote:

$337 SL WTH?!?!?!

Thanks for reading!

I got the card two weeks ago..SL 500. Very low for a Synchrony card (IMO) as I have several..called AND used luv button...NO CLI. I will use it and try later--historically this card grows nicely. 

Message 9 of 27
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

My mom bought some weed killer for about 25, paid as soon as it posted and want from 1400 to 17k in 1 shot.
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.