Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes Credit Card - Update: CLI Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowes Credit Card - Update: CLI Approved

So I had this card for a while, going on a year, and attempts for CLIs have failed...currently sitting at.....wait for it.....$337, yes $337 not a typo.

I think I'm going to close it, thoughts, advise? I have plenty of CL so it won't make a dint.  Did use the card here and there and has good history.

Mod note:  I've updated your subject line to reflect your CLI approval; feel free to edit/change if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Lowes Credit Card - No more for me!

I'm not particularly picky about my CL numbers but that $337 would bother the hell outta me....

Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly lol

Message 3 of 28
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Whats your current TU fico08? Whens the last time you called credit solutions to ask for a CLI? and if your TU report is frozen, they won't be able to SP it.
Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I had this card for a while, going on a year, and attempts for CLIs have failed...currently sitting at.....wait for it.....$337, yes $337 not a typo.

I think I'm going to close it, thoughts, advise? I have plenty of CL so it won't make a dint.  Did use the card here and there and has good history.

Hell, that's not enough limit for (1) transaction for many folks in Lowes.

Message 5 of 28
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

hahahaha well the only reason I'd keep the card open is if it's old to help with your AAoA and payment history if CLI requests have failed. I could see keeping it open then but man would my eye twitch every time I saw that number on my credit reports.

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL

The card was open last year in 11/21/2016, AAOA should not take a big hit

TU score is 710

I wonder if it has to do with the fact that i have:

JcPenney $1500 CL

Amazon $2200 CL

Paypal $900 CL

TjMaxx $1000 CL

Message 7 of 28
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Then assuming pizza1's suggestions/questions don't help I'd close the card. That number is just hard to stare at lol.

Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd personally dump it, but 1st I'd call them letting them know I want to keep it however I have no choice but to cancel it bc there's some strange issue going on with the CL, and it's damaging my credit reports meaning affecting the SL new credit cards give me based on the avg CL of my current cards.

I would add that limit does not let me buy comfortably at Lowe's since I don't want to max out the card, and there's plenty of stuff in Lowe's for much more that $337, and I don't want to have to pay off the card several times a month to make it usable.

If after that they don't give me a reasonable CLI I cancel immediately. If they give me a symbolic CLI up to say $500 I'd cancel too. If they give me 1K or more I would consider keeping it based on all other variables --time with card, other CLs, my scores, how useful it is for me that CC

I think you have plenty of store cards, and bank cards too, so I wouldn't care to weed out exceptionally those that give me problems I can't fix.

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what i was thinking...what has been more success, chat or call?

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.