cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes only approved me for $1,000?!?!?!?

tag
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Lowes only approved me for $1,000?!?!?!?

GECEB is weird, some people with lower scores get absurd limits and people with high scores get stuck at low CLs. I have had the Amazon store card for 18 months and they won't put me above 1400 and their last denial letter had me at 769. Meanwhile PenFed just gave me 10k. Credit is a strange thing.
Message 41 of 45
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Well, I wouldn't worry much about it OP.  My Lowes started at $550, within 18 monts it was at $8500.  And I've never called in, just hit the luv button a couple times.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 42 of 45
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@awp317 wrote:

Usually the people that think its directed at them are guilty. I know im sorta new here and all, but thats been my experience with forums in the past.  I dont buy a lot of peoples limits they post, only because I make what I would consiter to be a very nice living, and Im extended very nice credit limits, But my limits seem like nothing to what I have seen from other people on here (OCCU was a big red flag when I was only given 7k and everybody else were saying they were given 15-20k lines). IDk guess im just not good at smooth talking a phone operator. 

btw I have had about the same luck as the OP with lowes which is why im majory surprised by some of these credit lines. I had to practically BEG for a 10k limit, and thats only because I kept going over my limit. I have asked three times in the last 18 months for a CLI and am always denied. After a couple more accounts age to a year old I want to apply for a Citi Home depot card instead. 

I'm curious if the people who were approved for a large Lowe's limit have a smaller mortgage or none at all or have less debt in general that those who were approved for less? 

Also, I wonder if the increases were given with little usage. I know my card has been increased to 10k via the luv button and I've used the card once for a $26 purchase. :-/ LOL

Message 43 of 45
toi34
Established Contributor

Wow! Like everything CC related...YMMV...

Message 44 of 45
awp317
Frequent Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@awp317 wrote:

Usually the people that think its directed at them are guilty. I know im sorta new here and all, but thats been my experience with forums in the past.  I dont buy a lot of peoples limits they post, only because I make what I would consiter to be a very nice living, and Im extended very nice credit limits, But my limits seem like nothing to what I have seen from other people on here (OCCU was a big red flag when I was only given 7k and everybody else were saying they were given 15-20k lines). IDk guess im just not good at smooth talking a phone operator. 

btw I have had about the same luck as the OP with lowes which is why im majory surprised by some of these credit lines. I had to practically BEG for a 10k limit, and thats only because I kept going over my limit. I have asked three times in the last 18 months for a CLI and am always denied. After a couple more accounts age to a year old I want to apply for a Citi Home depot card instead. 

I'm curious if the people who were approved for a large Lowe's limit have a smaller mortgage or none at all or have less debt in general that those who were approved for less? 

Also, I wonder if the increases were given with little usage. I know my card has been increased to 10k via the luv button and I've used the card once for a $26 purchase. :-/ LOL

Up until this month I had no mortgage. However I guess thats GEs problem as my mortgage just started reporting and GE drops my limit. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.