Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowest score Neiman Marcus approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowest score Neiman Marcus approval!

First time poster, but this is too crazy not to tell someone.

some background, currently my score is barely 600. I've been responsible the past couple years and have three capital one cards (secured, BuyPower, and QS1) with a combined limit of 2k. Clearly nothing to write home about. I have a few other various low end low limit comenity/sync store cards I've accumulated over the last two years, some very recent. Utilization currently at 42%, and two 4+ year old medical collections.

I was buying something on neimans online today and decided on a whim I'd try for one more card before the holidays. Got the pending, "call us to complete application message" and thought welp alright, time to reign it in for a year. Called in, answered two questions, approved for $700!

I'm convinced my relationship with capital one is what pulled that through, because the last time I checked my scores a month ago it was 606/602/605. I can't BELIEVE I got in the door with scores that low.

Definitely done for now, but isn't that crazy!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

Re: Lowest score Neiman Marcus approval!

Congrats!  The baddies lessen the impact with age.  A couple years of responsible credit can go a long way.  again congrats!

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Current Score as of 6/28/17 EQ 628 TU 643 EX 625
Goal Score: 700
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks to be you're being rewarded for being good for two years. Smiley Wink Sometimes, all we need is to get our foot in the door, and then we can use it to bust that door wide open! LOL! Congratulations! You've earned it. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4
truezeta
Established Member

Congrats! I can't wait to be able to apply for a few store cards in a few months.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.