Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MACY'S CLI

tag
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

MACY'S CLI

Macy's gave me a $300 dollar cl in June and today they gave me a $700 dollar cli ($1000 cl). They also gave me a $200 cli on my bloomingdales card (started with $800). I was hoping to get the same amount, but I'm happy with the increase nevertheless. I've heard that Macy's and Bloomingdales is under the Citi umbrella. Is it that true? If so, what are my chances off getting approved for a Best Buy card?

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: MACY'S CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

Macy's gave me a $300 dollar cl in June and today they gave me a $700 dollar cli ($1000 cl). They also gave me a $200 cli on my bloomingdales card (started with $800). I was hoping to get the same amount, but I'm happy with the increase nevertheless. I've heard that Macy's and Bloomingdales is under the Citi umbrella. Is it that true? If so, what are my chances off getting approved for a Best Buy card?

Macy's & Bloomingdales card programs are administered by DSNB, a division of Citibank.  Having the above two CC's does not influence any decision for approval by the recently acquired BB portfolio from Capital One.  Each program has their own underwriting criteria.

Message 2 of 6
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info!

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

You would probably be approved Best Buy but it might be one of the lower tiers of cards but if you shop there enough and now that it's with Citi and looks like they probably will actually grow even the lower tiered cards I would go ahead and apply.

Message 4 of 6
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

I just applied and I was not approved for any of the BB cards. I will wait and go into the garden for the next 12 months.

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 5 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Sorry for the BB denial. I would try again in once your scores are a little higher. Citi pulls EX/EQ mostly
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.