Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MECU in IL Visa approval

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

MECU in IL Visa approval

I joined MECU in Illinois several months ago and for some reason never applied for any credit products.

The other day I got an email from a member relations person that I was preapproved for an auto loan, a personal loan, or a credit card.

This was so unusual that (a) I thought it might be a phishing scam or a Nigerian scam or something, (b) I examined the email to see if there were any redirected links, and there weren't, and (c) rather than respond to the email I decided to call the credit union and ask for that representative.

Turned out it was legitimate. I applied with him on the phone for a Visa Platinum card with a $10k credit limit. He told me ahead of time that they always pull EX, and he asked my permission before pulling the lever. And I was approved, at the limit I'd requested.

Afterwards the back office asked for income verification and identity verification, which I provided, and now I'm told the card is on its way.

I know very little about this credit union other than that it's an open membership credit union ($15 donation to worthy local charity), in the past it was Motorola Employees Credit Union, it pulls EX, and you can get approved with a LOT of inquiries (I have a ton, and more than half of them are on EX). And of course I've learned that they are very pleasant to deal with.

The card I opted for was their non-cash, non-rewards, lowest-interest-rate variety.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: MECU in IL Visa approval

Where one Chase door closes another 10k one opensSmiley Happy Congrats SJ!!
Message 2 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Where one Chase door closes another 10k one opensSmiley Happy Congrats SJ!!

True indeed

Message 3 of 8
peghede
Valued Contributor

it's in   by ikea.lol lots of banks and cu in schamburg ,they have the money there in that village and the top taxes still cook county.but none better than alliant by ohare.

Message 4 of 8
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@SJ did they require proof of income when applying for products?
Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 5 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

@sj did they require proof of income when applying for products?

As stated in my opening post.... yes.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

As was posted in this thread one more door opens ... grats and thanks for the info!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.