Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's AMEX Approval

tag
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Macy's AMEX Approval

I decided a Macy's card was in order for the extra discount.  Applied in store since everyone recommended it.  Got a CL of $1200 on the receipt paper they give you when you open a new account.  I got curious though since the paper didn't have the account # on it to add it to my macy's profile and called the backdoor number 18006272909 to ask for the account number.  They won't do that over the phone but, with ID can in the store.  Asked if it was a store only or the AMEX version and she confirmed it was an AMEX approval and that limit was $5K.  I'm going to have to look into how the CL's report though when they start reporting after reading how some people have different limits for AMEX, Store, Furniture, Etc.  

They pulled EXperian though which, unfortunately as everyone knows you can't get your FICO from them unless you do a lender pull.  Maybe they'll send the score with the card?  (one could hope)

I'm wondering if I got approved through DSNB aka private label Citi if Citi would grant a line as well?  I guess I don't have to go get the Dillard's version now through GEMB Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Macy's AMEX Approval

Message 2 of 15
enharu
Super Contributor

Grats on the approval.

Citi and DSNB however operate separately and have very different underwriting requirements to my knowledge. However, as long as you have decent credit u can qualify for citi cards easily, just like with any other prime lender. They aren't exclusive nor elusively hard to get
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 15
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

I decided a Macy's card was in order for the extra discount.  Applied in store since everyone recommended it.  Got a CL of $1200 on the receipt paper they give you when you open a new account.  I got curious though since the paper didn't have the account # on it to add it to my macy's profile and called the backdoor number 18006272909 to ask for the account number.  They won't do that over the phone but, with ID can in the store.  Asked if it was a store only or the AMEX version and she confirmed it was an AMEX approval and that limit was $5K.  I'm going to have to look into how the CL's report though when they start reporting after reading how some people have different limits for AMEX, Store, Furniture, Etc.  

They pulled EXperian though which, unfortunately as everyone knows you can't get your FICO from them unless you do a lender pull.  Maybe they'll send the score with the card?  (one could hope)

I'm wondering if I got approved through DSNB aka private label Citi if Citi would grant a line as well?  I guess I don't have to go get the Dillard's version now through GEMB Smiley Happy

re the CL's reporting, you should have a store TL (mine is listed as MACY'S/DSNB) w/ CL of $1200, and a separate Macy's Amex TL (mine is listed as AMEX/DSNB) with CL of $5k. these are both reported to all 3 CRAs.

congrats Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 15
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

of course im assuming that your ex score is the highest and is in the bestest shape, because getting the AMEX version isnt like getting any other store co branded card. Congrats to you! Maybe you can please tell us how your ex report looks like and then tell us the score they provide you with when card arrives. Thanks!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 5 of 15
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I wish I had my EX score!!!!!!!  Damn them for not providing it anymore Smiley Sad  I'm trying to be patient waiting on the card to arrive and see if anything else is in the envelope with it like a score.  

All 3 of my reports look the same +/- 1 account because of HSBC/CAP1 taking over accounts and JFCU not being reported to TU.  Currently I have ~8 accounts / mortgage open and 5 of them reporting a balance.  CK shows utilization of 15% / AAOA 3yrs 10mo, CK of 711 / CS of 733. 

Here's a snapshot of credit.com post inquiry / new account reporting.  The AMEX portion of the limit isn't reporting yet though.

Your ExperianCredit Score

737 (up 4 points)

• Credit Birthday 08/1997
  • Avg. Account Age 5yr, 9mo

Credit Card Debt
11% (Utilizarion)
Your Debt

$7,050

Total Credit Limit

$59,400

$7,050
$131,404
$291
$0

9 open / 14 closed
1 open / 8 closed (mortgage)
0 open / 0 closed
1 recent (Macy's)
Message 6 of 15
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 7 of 15
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's AMEX Approval (update)

So, the AMEX portion of the CC reported finally after the closing of the first statement.  The store / AMEX CL's show up as separate TL's on CR.  

Message 8 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macy's AMEX Approval (update)

If you want a Citi Card you should have no issues but you can try the pre-approval link they put on their website and see what you get offered.

My partner got $1100 Store and $3500 Amex.  I used it much more this month and today requested to be upgraded to Elite Card putting about $800 through store and about $1300 through Amex side this month.... think next month is 3 months, hoping for a CLI on both!!!

Congrats to you! and yes if you want furniture, you would have a 3rd line show on your credit report and you can most likely go buy furniture now with no extra credit pull.

Message 9 of 15
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.