Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's AMEX CLI

tag
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

Macy's AMEX CLI

Well that is a pleasent surprise:

I CLI over the phone 2 weeks ago with my macy's amex.  I spoke with a very nice CSR.  They only gave me a 1000 limit when I applied, and I wanted the limit to be more in line with my other accounts.  I asked the CSR to match my Citi card with a 6K limit.  She said the system would only let her move my limit to 1500 from a thousand.  I asked why my limit was so low, and that with my income, and credit profile I felt that I should be able to have more of a limit.  She run the request again and the limit came in at 2300.  I was hoping for more, but understood if that was the ceiling.  I thanked her for her time, and hung up.

Imagine my surprise today when I checked my account over the phone, and the limit is now 5K for the AMEX card, and 2300 for the macy's store card.

The question I have now is which limit reports to the CRA's?  The 5k or the 2300?

The CLI was a soft pull as well.  The CSR stated that all CLI with Macys AMEX are now soft pulls and they weigh it with an inside score.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's AMEX CLI

i would say after the statement cuts its would report the 5k. 

it seems that macys just started reporting limits back in july. 

i have the store card and it reports my 3.5k limit normally now. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 3
Imua
Frequent Contributor

Re: Macy's AMEX CLI

@pdog661 wrote:

Well that is a pleasent surprise:

I CLI over the phone 2 weeks ago with my macy's amex.  I spoke with a very nice CSR.  They only gave me a 1000 limit when I applied, and I wanted the limit to be more in line with my other accounts.  I asked the CSR to match my Citi card with a 6K limit.  She said the system would only let her move my limit to 1500 from a thousand.  I asked why my limit was so low, and that with my income, and credit profile I felt that I should be able to have more of a limit.  She run the request again and the limit came in at 2300.  I was hoping for more, but understood if that was the ceiling.  I thanked her for her time, and hung up.

Imagine my surprise today when I checked my account over the phone, and the limit is now 5K for the AMEX card, and 2300 for the macy's store card.

The question I have now is which limit reports to the CRA's?  The 5k or the 2300?

The CLI was a soft pull as well.  The CSR stated that all CLI with Macys AMEX are now soft pulls and they weigh it with an inside score.

both macy's storecard and Macy's Amex report CLs - they report as 2 separate TLs (and have 2 different acct #s)

congrats on the CLIs Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.