Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's American Express Upgrade July 2014

tag
CardHunter
Established Contributor

Re: Macy's American Express Upgrade July 2014

@Nurse_J wrote:

I have some great news. 5 months later (december 2014) I tried to see if I can upgrade to the Macy's American Express card. I put in a request yesterday and I saw my new card today this morning when I signed on to my account. I was so suprrised how quick it was to approve me! I was so excited and happy. After 3 tries of failed attempts during the summer I gave up. I also spent nearly $3000 in the past 5 months so they also took that into consideration.

I still need to find out my credit limit for American Express. It wont be available until 48-72 hours later

J

That is great, congrats!

Message 21 of 23
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@sunkissed wrote:

Congrats Nurse_J!

Outside of the obvious - being able to use the card for purchases outside of Macy's, what are the benefits to having the Amex version versus the store card version?

The reason I asked (via chat) for the upgrade is that there are additional rewards with the Amex. In February they review accounts, and if you've spent above certain thresholds, you get those rewards for the next year.

During the year they upgrade you, you dont immediately get the rewards; this is a good time since the rewards will be evaluated in February.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 22 of 23
Nurse_J
Valued Member

I am not sure if it will change the "member since" date. I will let you know when I get my card.

Macys American Express - 6400, 19,000
Nordstrom - 15,000
Bank of America - 9,100
Bank of America Cash Rewards - 8,000
Barclay Arrival Mastercard - 7,000

Chase Sapphire Preferred - 25,900
Chase Freedom - 1,000
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.