cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's CLI in 9 days!

tag
klmar3874

Macy's CLI in 9 days!

Well it's been a little over a week since I had my app spree and joined the garden. I began last week by celebrating my 40th birthday (3/8) with a shopping spree. I knew Macy's & Bloomingdale's might be a problem (temptation) when I applied, but I figured I deserved to treat myself. When I opened the card online, I got the ever popular $100 limit. I called for recon of course & they bumped it to $300. Small start, but hey I am rebuilding. The following day I received an email to call in to verify ID & they bumped my limit to $600. Still small, but hey...So I bought a few things for $345. A couple of days later I noticed a statement was already posted, so I PIF. Today I shopped online and my cart totalled $350. I didn't want to use so much of my limit, so I decided to take a chance & ask for a CLI through chat. My Experian score had jumped  22 pts since last month so I thought I'd be good for something. After answering some questions about income & housing pmt etc. I asked to double my limit (afraid to be greedy so soon), and it was approved! So now I can be certain that my utility will stay in my goal area next month. I've read on here a few times "ask & you will receive". I just never thought it could happen so soon. My limit should be nice when I leave the garden. Thanks to all who post their experiences, giving people like me the courage & guidance to rebuild the right way!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Re: Macy's CLI in 9 days!

I take it you need to update your score in your siggy!  Smiley Wink  Congrats, nice job!

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 2 of 14
klmar3874

@kroberts67 wrote:

I take it you need to update your score in your siggy!  Smiley Wink  Congrats, nice job!

Lol... Thanks & yeah that was an average of all 3. Waiting til 3/23 when I'll have them from my monitoring service. I got the new Experian from Credit Sesame paid service. They update daily now. I expect good pts from Transunion as well. Not too sure about EQ. I decreased my utility majorly in the last few weeks so my fingers are crossed.

Message 3 of 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 14
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing! Next you will be upgrading.
Message 6 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Congratulations and thank you for this post! It was actually seeing your post that made me call Macy's to pester them for my own CLI.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 8 of 14
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@klmar3874 wrote:

Well it's been a little over a week since I had my app spree and joined the garden. I began last week by celebrating my 40th birthday (3/8) with a shopping spree. I knew Macy's & Bloomingdale's might be a problem (temptation) when I applied, but I figured I deserved to treat myself. When I opened the card online, I got the ever popular $100 limit. I called for recon of course & they bumped it to $300. Small start, but hey I am rebuilding. The following day I received an email to call in to verify ID & they bumped my limit to $600. Still small, but hey...So I bought a few things for $345. A couple of days later I noticed a statement was already posted, so I PIF. Today I shopped online and my cart totalled $350. I didn't want to use so much of my limit, so I decided to take a chance & ask for a CLI through chat. My Experian score had jumped  22 pts since last month so I thought I'd be good for something. After answering some questions about income & housing pmt etc. I asked to double my limit (afraid to be greedy so soon), and it was approved! So now I can be certain that my utility will stay in my goal area next month. I've read on here a few times "ask & you will receive". I just never thought it could happen so soon. My limit should be nice when I leave the garden. Thanks to all who post their experiences, giving people like me the courage & guidance to rebuild the right way!

Congrats on your CLI Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 9 of 14
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

This makes me want to give it a go too on a CLI for Macys. Is it a SP?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.