Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's credit card cli (Updated)

tag
mrinal
New Contributor

Macy's credit card cli (Updated)

I applied for Macy's credit card and my application was approved for a SL of only 400. This is ridiculous. I did not expect it. When should I apply for the credit line increase? Will it be a soft pull? Do I need to use it every month for cli?

Updated Post:

October 3, 2017: Starting credit line of 400

November 3, 2017: cli to 2900

December 6, 2017: cli to 5400

February 21, 2018: cli to 6900

April 17, 2018 : cli to 8400

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Macy's credit card approval

Many good folks post of low start lines from Macys only to find a year or so later bigger limits.

Hope you get a boost on it soon.

Congrats on the approval.

Message 2 of 22
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

@mrinal wrote:

I applied for Macy's credit card and my application was approved for a SL of only 400. This is ridiculous. I did not expect it. When should I apply for the credit line increase? Will it be a soft pull? Do I need to use it every month for cli?

As others have indicated, fear not, OP! This card definitely has a LOT of growth potential. I started with $300 and now at $20K.  All were CLI's requested by me, and all were SP.  I've had similar experience with Bloomie's as well! Congrats on your approval, your CL will improve in no time!

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 3 of 22
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Fret not! My Macy's card started out with a $300 CL. 4 years later, it is my highest CL at $22,500. If my memory serves me correctly, you are eligible every 4 months for a CLI. Smiley Happy

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 4 of 22
mrinal
New Contributor

@ohreally7654 wrote:

@mrinal wrote:

As others have indicated, fear not, OP! This card definitely has a LOT of growth potential. I started with $300 and now at $20K.  All were CLI's requested by me, and all were SP.  I've had similar experience with Bloomie's as well! Congrats on your approval, your CL will improve in no time!

Thank you. The problem is that I will use this card once in a six-month period maybe, just to keep it open. Because I do not expend money a lot for dresses. I am an economical person. That's why I am concerned about the credit limit increase.

Message 5 of 22
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

My Macy's cc is barely 10mo old, and started at $500, and is now $25k. Ive used the card for no more than $50 a few times in that span here and there. So, no, you don't have to use it every month.

I asked for a CLI every couple months, asking high because they counter offer. If your CL is $500, ask for $10k! They will counter back. I would always tell them I was looking at a Macys major furniture purchase Smiley Wink

Mine were always SP's, and the agent would always tell me that as well. So, its possible to get the CL up very quickly.

Congrats on the approval!
Message 6 of 22
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

I barely use mine and had a $300 SL.

got a auto cli about 4-5 months ago, 1000

just asked for a cli and got 7000. 

Ive ignored it since i get most of my clothing online. 

I’d go ahead and ask for an increase right now provided its not your first card and you have a couple years of a cr.

Message 7 of 22
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 8 of 22
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@mrinal wrote:

How did you make out?

Message 9 of 22
PETTWAYD6

CLI.. 1200
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.