Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys 30 Days CLI train

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Macys 30 Days CLI train

So I can positively confirm that Macys AMEX is offering a SP cli every 30days. Since September 2017 I have consistently gotten a $1500 CLI like clockwork. Last increase was in Feb, tried again yesterday and the day before but was declined. However, today at exactly the 30th day since my last increase I got approved. Total credit limit is now $47k. Once I get it to $52k, I’ll quit bugging the love button for the life of the card.

IMG_1798.JPG

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macys 30 Days CLI train

Lol, i wonder if Macys knows they have a star in their midstSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 50
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Lol AJ you better tell them, gotta recognize that lol 😂

Message 3 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 4 of 50
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Thank you^

Message 5 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish this were the case for me, I have a joint card with my wife and can't get any love.

Last attempt resulted in a HP on the AMEX side from 1000 to 2400, and a short month later they CLD back to 1000, and a month after that CLD to 600 lol.

I have no idea why Macy's doesn't like us, other than the lack of use I would assume as we don't put many charges on the card. My wife does the shopping, but are there any real benefits to using the Macy's card, or would another cashback CC do just fine?

Message 6 of 50
12njoy
Super Contributor

That's a humdinger of a limit.  I got my Macy's Amex with a SL of $1,000.  in December 2017.  In january 2018 I asked for a cli and they wanted a HP but couldn't get one so they gave me $500 cli.  First week in February 2018 I asked for a cli to $10,000 and they countered and gave me a total cl of $6,500.  Let me give that cli button a whirl since it's been about 45 days.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 7 of 50
12njoy
Super Contributor

Wow, You're a genius Mister,

Request Credit Limit Increase

Congratulations, 12njoy

Your request for a Credit Limit of $12000.00 has been approved. Your current Available Credit is now $11910.85. You can use your Available Credit right away.

Thank you for being a cardmember.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 8 of 50
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@12njoywrote:

Wow, You're a genius Mister,

Request Credit Limit Increase

Congratulations, 12njoy

Your request for a Credit Limit of $12000.00 has been approved. Your current Available Credit is now $11910.85. You can use your Available Credit right away.

Thank you for being a cardmember.

Yayyy congrats that made me smile. I’m happy for you! Just don’t forget to mark your calendar so u can return to request another increase in 30 days from today. Way to go, njoy the new spending power!!

Message 9 of 50
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I wish this were the case for me, I have a joint card with my wife and can't get any love.

Last attempt resulted in a HP on the AMEX side from 1000 to 2400, and a short month later they CLD back to 1000, and a month after that CLD to 600 lol.

I have no idea why Macy's doesn't like us, other than the lack of use I would assume as we don't put many charges on the card. My wife does the shopping, but are there any real benefits to using the Macy's card, or would another cashback CC do just fine?

Sorry to hear you haven’t had much luck with Macys. I find it really odd u got HP’ed for a CLI but if you don’t mind me asking when was this? I remember I once got an HP for a CLI but that was back in July 2016. However, since then none of my requests ever resulted in a HP. Now I think about it, at some point I was CLD to $100 (yes u read it right one hundred dollars). Personally, I primarily shop at Macys ranging from my living room furnitures down to clothings and fragrances and I do find the 5% back, 12 months interest free on fine jewelry purchases, random Macys Money, Annual Thanks for Sharing money, free shipping and tons of coupons all year round very useful. So yeah to me there are real benefits to the Macys card but again it’s very subjective. Why not give that luv button a spin one more time? And to be rest assured u can put your TU & EQ on ice before u attempt. I hope you have a more favorable outcome.

Message 10 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.