Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys AMEX Approval Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
knightlynews
Contributor

Macys AMEX Approval Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surprisingly good news yesterday! After working so hard to imrove my scores over the last 7 mos, I decided to take my increased scores for a test run. I applied for 3 cards online. 1) Instantly approved by Bloomingdales ($300). called their credit dept, limit increased to $800!!! 2) Instantly approved for a Walmart card ($400). 3) Applied for a Target Card, app denied! I was hoping to apply for a unsecured card credit card, mainly the Macys Amex Card. I figured since Bloomingdales and Macys are both financed by DSNB, and after already being approved by DSNB for the Bloomy's card, I would have a shot. I'm aware that I would need to apply in-store for the AMEX. Does anyone have any experiences with approvals for the Macys AMEX or know their required scores or if it matters if you've already been approved for one of DSNB's credit products? Thanks in advance for any and all replies!!!

Starting Score: 548
Current Score: EX686EQ682,TU???
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Mopar_Jones
Contributor

Re: Macys AMEX Approval Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's your current score?

I think you have a better shot at the Macy's store card, and then in 6 months asking for it to be upgraded. They love to see usage on the card..

If you apply for the AMEX in store, make sure it's a decent purchase with it.. a couple hundred bucks..

Message 2 of 8
PhoenixDown
New Contributor

Based on the credit amounts your getting, I don't think you'll get a  Macy's AMEX but you would probably qualify for the store card.

Message 3 of 8
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@PhoenixDown wrote:

Based on the credit amounts your getting, I don't think you'll get a  Macy's AMEX but you would probably qualify for the store card.

I don't think you will get the AMEX either. I believe that they usually are looking at a 700+ score (or more) for AMEX. I think Bloomie's also has a AMEX (or VIsa?) co-branded card. Since they and Macy's are issued from the same bank, I would be more likely to say if they gave you a store card, so will Macy's, but hey - stranger things have happened. When you apply, I think they consider you for the AMEX first, and if you don't qualify you will get the store card.

When my scores were similar to yours, I got the store card with a 1k limit. I  was just able to get itpgraded to the AMEX this month.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 4 of 8
knightlynews
Contributor

Just got home from Macys, you guys were right. Got approved for the Macys card, not the AMEX. The only thing that sucked was my approval was for $300 like the Bloomingdales card, but when I called customer service, I was told that they only increase limits when you apply online, not in the store! Could have stayed home and applied and got a higher limit...lol! All in all, still pumped to get a Bloomys, Macys and ,Walmart card in 48 hours, 6 months ago I couldnt have gotten a can of soda on credit! I Gotta remember this credit journey is a marathon, not a sprint!!! Stay on top of these cards, and my cap1 secured card and more approvals and inceases will come. Thanks everyone for the tips!

Starting Score: 548
Current Score: EX686EQ682,TU???
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@knightlynews wrote:
Just got home from Macys, you guys were right. Got approved for the Macys card, not the AMEX. The only thing that sucked was my approval was for $300 like the Bloomingdales card, but when I called customer service, I was told that they only increase limits when you apply online, not in the store! Could have stayed home and applied and got a higher limit...lol! All in all, still pumped to get a Bloomys, Macys and ,Walmart card in 48 hours, 6 months ago I couldnt have gotten a can of soda on credit! I Gotta remember this credit journey is a marathon, not a sprint!!! Stay on top of these cards, and my cap1 secured card and more approvals and inceases will come. Thanks everyone for the tips!

Once you get the card and activate it... make your first payment for your purchase (I know early) then call the backdoor number and tell them that you don't feel the credit line is enough... they can increase new lines... Then after 3 statements and 3 more payments, call and ask for increase again... should always be SP's (they are always saying hp's these days which is annoying since it never seems to be.) Then if you get a nice big jump at 3 months... then apply for upgrade to amex.

Message 6 of 8
Ditovera
New Contributor

I was approved or macy amex instore for 800cl instore and $3000 Amex. I had a credit score of 690 EQ and 695EX with a 90 day late from 2008 that paid off and clsoed on 2011. I believe if you dont have a lot of inquires and have the income to support it you should be approved.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im hoping to get my Amex macys soon since i always pay off the entire balance

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.