Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys CLI

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Macys CLI

Just requested a CLI on my Macys card...approved from 1000 to 2500!!! I havent received a credit alert but will double check if it was hard or soft pull.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 81 of 89
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

Just requested a CLI on my Macys card...approved from 1000 to 2500!!! I havent received a credit alert but will double check if it was hard or soft pull.

Congrats!! How long have you had the account and what kind of use did you give the card?  Did you PIF or make payments?

Just curious because I got mine a few months ago with a $900 limit, but I will charge say $700 and send in a payment for $350 for example.  Hoping that does the trick after some months to get a nice CLI as well.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 82 of 89
RonDawg
Contributor

@mmduluth wrote:

You just call the number on the back of the card and choose the option or whatever that tells you your balance and the automated system will tell you at the end that you have "up to 1 million dollars available" blah blah blah. You never talk to a CSR.

now the "blah blah blah" part of that I believe lol

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 83 of 89
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@RonDawg wrote:

@mmduluth wrote:

You just call the number on the back of the card and choose the option or whatever that tells you your balance and the automated system will tell you at the end that you have "up to 1 million dollars available" blah blah blah. You never talk to a CSR.

just hit 0 about 11 times and should get you right to a person. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 84 of 89
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

Congrats!! How long have you had the account and what kind of use did you give the card?  Did you PIF or make payments?

Just curious because I got mine a few months ago with a $900 limit, but I will charge say $700 and send in a payment for $350 for example.  Hoping that does the trick after some months to get a nice CLI as well.

I had the card exactly a year...started with a 300 limit then when they started reporting limits to the CR it was auto increased to 1000 ( i think it was back in July i believe). And thats exactly what i do...have charged quite a bit but paid it all in a couple of months after.

Message 85 of 89
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@mmduluth wrote:

just hit 0 about 11 times and should get you right to a person. 

I think it use to be like that mmduluth...when i called i noticed their automated system had changed, it now gives you the option to request a credit limit increase...i entered my account, the last 4 digits of my social and then transfered me to a live CSR.

Message 86 of 89
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

Re: Macy's CLI

Just calld macys today requesting a cli  with a soft pull from $800 to $1400.The request was approved instantly by a csr. The account was opened 2 months ago.Iam really happy about this for the fact that Macys is considered a conservative lender.

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 87 of 89
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

welp made a thread about it but since this popped up. 

called for a cli 3.5k to 5k and got declined. no counter said would mail letter. 

hopefully its soft only. 

said i only wanted the cli so my card wouldnt look maxed out and they got mad that i wouldnt take the seperate 0% finance account. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 88 of 89
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Just called Macy's and did like the above poster said: hit #3 for CLI and was transferred to a rep.  I hate speaking to reps, but she was so nice.  She verified basic info and then asked how much I would likeSmiley Very Happy   Oh, not to be greedy, I asked for 1500.00 up from 500.00.  She then had to ask "other" questions based on my credit report and bam -- Approved!!

Thanks to this thread!!

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 89 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.