Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys CLI

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macys CLI

id simply just call back and ask to be transferred to underwiting, I don't like waiting for things like that when it's normally instant on phone... or i mean 1 phone call that can be 1 hour long! Smiley Tongue

Message 71 of 89
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

I just requested a CLI, and it is in fact a hard pull...it was for me anyway (I have a store card)

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 72 of 89
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Macy's CLI is a soft pull. I had an customer initiated increase a few months ago and it was a soft pull.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 73 of 89
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@tattooedhusker wrote:

I just requested a CLI, and it is in fact a hard pull...it was for me anyway (I have a store card)

This is usually caused by a rep that desn't now what they are doing and seems to hit a different option then normal when it comes to CLI... it has been and still is suppose to be a SP... If you end up with HP for store card, or amex side of things, it should never be a HP unless asking for the amex as upgrade.

Where it is "Possible" to get HP is asking for opening of furniture line/jewelry line or CLI with those, but even those in my case has always been a SP.

Message 74 of 89
jrodzmc09
Contributor

Well let's see. Right now I'm chatting with someone at Macys, lets see how this turns out.

Edit:

Just got done with them via Chat. Apparently I have to give them a call in order for my account to be reviewed for and CLI. Well this is honestly ridiculous to say the least. Sad to say this is my oldest account too.

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 75 of 89
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@jrodzmc09 wrote:

Well let's see. Right now I'm chatting with someone at Macys, lets see how this turns out.

Edit:

Just got done with them via Chat. Apparently I have to give them a call in order for my account to be reviewed for and CLI. Well this is honestly ridiculous to say the least. Sad to say this is my oldest account too.

@jrodzmc09 wrote:

Edit:

Chatting with a bank online is kind of like putting a 2 year old in front of a computer... A COLOR CODED COMPUTER:

Button 1 is Blue - Push for the blank response of "I understand "cardholder" Let me look at your account, do you mind holding?

Button 2 is Green - Push for the blank response of "I understand "cardholder", I can put request in for you, Why not apply for a new card to get the one you want.

Button 3 is Red - Push for the blank response of "HELP, I need a new script, I can't get this one off the chat/phone, I ran out of responses on first script!

Message 76 of 89
jrodzmc09
Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@jrodzmc09 wrote:

Edit:

Chatting with a bank online is kind of like putting a 2 year old in front of a computer... A COLOR CODED COMPUTER:

Button 1 is Blue - Push for the blank response of "I understand "cardholder" Let me look at your account, do you mind holding?

Button 2 is Green - Push for the blank response of "I understand "cardholder", I can put request in for you, Why not apply for a new card to get the one you want.

Button 3 is Red - Push for the blank response of "HELP, I need a new script, I can't get this one off the chat/phone, I ran out of responses on first script!

Hahaha! True! Thats honestly how it felt. Curse that color coded computer!!

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 77 of 89
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Called Macy's customer service, told them I was informed it would be a soft pull and it turned out to be a hard pull (and I wouldn't of agreed to it had I known it was a hard pull). They are removing the inquiry!

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 78 of 89
jrodzmc09
Contributor

Anyways! Finally got my "72 hour callback" from Macys. Anyways this had to do with a active duty alert I have set up for a callback to my phone number before any new credit is opened. So I talk to someone who was really rude. We just got into an argument about how my credit was gonna take the hit for this CLI I wanted. She would just say that she'd had to run my credit report, but could not tell me if it was a HP or a SP. Pretty useless I'd say. I ended up folding since she could not explain to me anything and just hung up. Smiley Happy

Message 79 of 89
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@tattooedhusker wrote:

Called Macy's customer service, told them I was informed it would be a soft pull and it turned out to be a hard pull (and I wouldn't of agreed to it had I known it was a hard pull). They are removing the inquiry!

congrats. 

ethier like stated uninformed csr. 

or its ymmv. 

2k to 3.5k in july for me soft pull. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 80 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.