cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major App Spree Complete...off to the garden I go!

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Major App Spree Complete...off to the garden I go!

@TheFate wrote:

Honestly wit a 716 Fico I would think u could get better starting limits with prime lenders...

Anyhow congrats must be addicting seeing all those approvals

You read my mind!! I would have gone for the big boys. Congrats OP for your approvals. I know it's a great feeling.

Message 21 of 30
fungoman
Regular Contributor

@Erusidhion wrote:

@fungoman wrote:
Congrats but did u really need 13 new credit cards?

I don't think anyone goes into the app spree to get as many credit cards as they can just to have them. BUT I think a good app spree helps because even if they give you a toy limit or even deny you; you're in their system and now they know you're interested. If you get a toy limit/approval; at least then you're building a relationship with them early on and if you need something later in life from that specific creditor; they see you in a good light.

I thought that all I needed was maybe 3 or 4 cards but honestly; if you can build a relationship now why not. You may need a mortgage, auto loan, personal loan, etc later on in life and that specific creditor may be the only one that offers you a great rate.

How are you going to get a loan from Gap, C&B, Chevron, Wal Mart, Kohls, Target, Etc?

Message 22 of 30
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

@fungoman wrote:
Congrats but did u really need 13 new credit cards?

Hate to break the news, but no one really *needs* any cards at all. I am sure OP had reasons for each card they picked, and they'll have quite a positive history in 6 months. This a great set up to close whatever they dont find useful in a year, and then apply for AMEX and Freedom/CSP and be given big limits, instead of starting with $1500 with those cards.  While this style isnt for everyone,  its up to each person to figure out how they want to manage their rebuild. 

Message 23 of 30
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 24 of 30
capitalkid
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

Message 25 of 30
edcb
Contributor

One member called Lowe's and told them he needed a CL of $40,000 to build his cat a new house.

They went up to like $20k for his "project."  It is my fave myFico story to this day!

In the garden until October 2015!

Journey began 12/13
My wallet: Cap1 Journey (12/13) $4,800 - Cap1 QS (3/14) $1,500 - Chase Freedom (5/14) $3,000 - Chase CSP (12/14) $8,000

Closed on my primary home and income property in December 2014!
Message 26 of 30
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
In the past 3 years I have gone from credit score of 550 to 620 at which point I was able to purchase a condo. Today, my TU FICO is 716.  I just got the interest rate on my car reduced from 10% to 4.99%.  That gave me the encouragement to try a few new credit cards.  I was only going to apply for a few, but I got hooked on the “Congratulations You’ve Been Approved” statement.  I’m totally addicted to apply for cards. I started my app spree with Cap 1 $300, Credit One $500, US Bank $500 and Macy’s $100.  I am officially in the garden after getting the following...

$1000 Cap One CLI
  $900 Macy’s CLI
$1200 Walmart Discover
$2300 Amazon VISA
$1500 Barclaycard Mastercard
$1500 Crate & Barrel
$1200 Chevron/Texaco
$1000 Dillard's Amex
  $800 Lowes 
   $500 Kohl's
   $300 Target
   $400 GAP 
   $500 Ann Taylor

This is crazy! I really don’t understand the approval process. I had lots of declines but the approval far out weigh the declines.  As for the amount of inquires, it is what it.  They will because less of a factor after my year is over. My plan is to garden for the next year and grow my garden to hopefully land some big cards.  I have spent some much time on this site over the past month and I can't thank everyone enough for all the great information.  I wish had found this site earlier!

Congratulations on your approvals! Thanks for sharing. Smiley Happy Yes, gardening is your prescription!

Message 27 of 30
DarkMoonLily
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

2019 Goals: Garden and Clean up Credit Reports!!!
2020 Goals: Get a Secured Card and Auto Loan.
Message 28 of 30
TheFate
Established Contributor

@edcb wrote:

One member called Lowe's and told them he needed a CL of $40,000 to build his cat a new house.

They went up to like $20k for his "project."  It is my fave myFico story to this day!

HAHA! Classic...

Message 29 of 30
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
In the past 3 years I have gone from credit score of 550 to 620 at which point I was able to purchase a condo. Today, my TU FICO is 716.  I just got the interest rate on my car reduced from 10% to 4.99%.  That gave me the encouragement to try a few new credit cards.  I was only going to apply for a few, but I got hooked on the “Congratulations You’ve Been Approved” statement.  I’m totally addicted to apply for cards. I started my app spree with Cap 1 $300, Credit One $500, US Bank $500 and Macy’s $100.  I am officially in the garden after getting the following...

$1000 Cap One CLI
  $900 Macy’s CLI
$1200 Walmart Discover
$2300 Amazon VISA
$1500 Barclaycard Mastercard
$1500 Crate & Barrel
$1200 Chevron/Texaco
$1000 Dillard's Amex
  $800 Lowes 
   $500 Kohl's
   $300 Target
   $400 GAP 
   $500 Ann Taylor

This is crazy! I really don’t understand the approval process. I had lots of declines but the approval far out weigh the declines.  As for the amount of inquires, it is what it.  They will because less of a factor after my year is over. My plan is to garden for the next year and grow my garden to hopefully land some big cards.  I have spent some much time on this site over the past month and I can't thank everyone enough for all the great information.  I wish had found this site earlier!

lol why so many store cards, are you actually going to use them? Smiley Happy

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.