Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maybe time to hit the garden?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe time to hit the garden?

Well, after tanking my credit, and hoovering around 570-590 range it seems at least I'm over into the low 600's now.

I appd and got approved first for my banks secured card (WF) $300

Then applied for Cap1 Platinum and get approved for $200 w/$49 deposit (could have paid more to make higher but didn't find it worth it)

I applied and received the Discover Securedfor $200 (w/200 deposit).

Somewhere in between I had appd for the QS-and got a reply they would contact me soon.  I called them because they needed to verify something, today I got an e-mail saying  a card had been sent-it may be the QS or QS1- does have annual fee and 1.5 cashback, only $500 CL but hey, that brings my total credit from a big fat 0 to 1200 in a month, had one baddy drop.

Other then requesting CL's I'm thinking stop there, 4 cards more then enough, especially being 'subprime' yes?

Any advice?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Maybe time to hit the garden?

Congrats on your recent success 

Time to hit the GC for sure and grow the TL's 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the improvements! I'd say garden time for a little.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, after tanking my credit, and hoovering around 570-590 range it seems at least I'm over into the low 600's now.

I appd and got approved first for my banks secured card (WF) $300

Then applied for Cap1 Platinum and get approved for $200 w/$49 deposit (could have paid more to make higher but didn't find it worth it)

I applied and received the Discover Securedfor $200 (w/200 deposit).

Somewhere in between I had appd for the QS-and got a reply they would contact me soon.  I called them because they needed to verify something, today I got an e-mail saying  a card had been sent-it may be the QS or QS1- does have annual fee and 1.5 cashback, only $500 CL but hey, that brings my total credit from a big fat 0 to 1200 in a month, had one baddy drop.

Other then requesting CL's I'm thinking stop there, 4 cards more then enough, especially being 'subprime' yes?

Any advice?

Yes...

Take a nice deep breath ( maybe a drink) and enjoy this success

The garden club awaits!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats!  see you in the garden!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

With a $500 limit and those scores i can all but guarantee it's the QS1 with the $39 AF. Congrats on your success though. Garden up! Just don't leave through that hole in the fence. Humuhumunukunukuapuaa and My Journey are trying to patch it.
Message 6 of 7
pa850
Regular Contributor

Congratulations. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.