Re: Mega NASA Credit Cards Approvals!!

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm going to try and recon as well.

Good luck!

Message 282 of 293
vikingred
Frequent Contributor

Went through the trouble of opening an account and verifying identity.  Applied for their card, DECLINED.  Too many INQ, Too many new accounts, blah blah blah.  I have 755 TU, 733 EX, and 705 EQ.  Not sure what they pulled, I think it was a SP on EX.  Nice six figure salary.  Not a single late or baddie on any report.  And they sent me this denial letter that had in big bold letters at the top "ADVERSE ACTION".  You know what?  NASA FCU, you're ridiculous.  And a man like me cannot afford to made to look ridiculous.  Heh, I think that's a quote from the Godfather.  Or something.    

Message 283 of 293
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Yeah aint that some crap. Nasa is the 1st to hand down adverse action before the acct is even opened or spproved.
My single excuse for denial wad 'too many open revolving accts and or borrowing capacity'
Message 284 of 293
polecat87
New Contributor

@vikingred wrote:

Went through the trouble of opening an account and verifying identity.  Applied for their card, DECLINED.  Too many INQ, Too many new accounts, blah blah blah.  I have 755 TU, 733 EX, and 705 EQ.  Not sure what they pulled, I think it was a SP on EX.  Nice six figure salary.  Not a single late or baddie on any report.  And they sent me this denial letter that had in big bold letters at the top "ADVERSE ACTION".  You know what?  NASA FCU, you're ridiculous.  And a man like me cannot afford to made to look ridiculous.  Heh, I think that's a quote from the Godfather.  Or something.    

Yeah, I had a similar experience with NASA... as I watched people with baddies and BK's only a few years old getting 20k. "Not enough credit history?" With two 24+ yr AMEX's. "not enough satsfactory tradelines". Umm... 20+ isn't enough all paid as agreed? Sorry NASA, you're the one who isn't worthy of my business.

Message 285 of 293
cem13
Established Contributor

I received my denial letter.  They SP EX with a score of 703 and "Credit scoring factors outside of Credit Union Guidelines".  Then on the 2nd page, the key factors 1) Public Records (BK7 Dis Jun2011), 2) Number of accounts with deliquency (4 with baddies before BK) 3) Proportion of loan balance to loan amount too high (this must be my recnet auot re-fi at NFCU. Original balance was $14.4K, current is $12.2K. 4) Length of time accounts have been established (Longest account 25 years, AAoA 8 years)  5) too many inquires in past 12 months (Answer = 1).

So overall NASA must have really tightened up their requirements.   NFCU gave me $25K without any problem last year.  I think it was worth the $5 to try for another high limit account.  I guess I go back to NFCU for another card.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 286 of 293
sobeone1
Regular Contributor

I was just approved and I have a BK from 9+ years ago chap 7. Lots of inquires and only 7 months AAoA & I have opened up atleast 18 credit card accounts in 10 months. Weird that I get approved on almost everything. Except havent tried citi or Am ex yet. Cant get a pre approval.I know that shouldnt matter but I still am cautious. I want a penfed promise next. Maybe I should go to the garden first but I cant find it anywhere. Are you people sure there is a mythical garden you can go to and improve your credit. Do they serve drinks there?

credit karma has my scores at T.U 637 Equifax 668 but all of my Major cards have my score between 710-730 fico AAoA 7months with 16 inquires T.U & Eq 12 inquires.

Fingerhut $1200 my first credit. Discover it 4.5k, Paypal extras 7.8k, Barclays 2.2k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 25k, Amazon 6.5k Cap1 Q.S 4k, Venture 10k, Voice 10k, Chase freedom 2k Slate 3.5k, 5th 3rd 10k, overstock2.9k, Kingsize 1k. Nasa 20k, NFCU 14k, loc 10k, BBVA 14k, Amex ED 10k, income 76k (I put them in order of receiving them)
Message 287 of 293
racer-x
Valued Contributor

@racer-x wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah they no longer hand out CC easily as they declined me for having to many revolving accts Smiley Sad

I just reconned my denial via secure messaging on the NASA site.  May as well tried since they HP'd me.

On the denial letter, they showed a score of EX 678...my fico EX 08 was 711 and Bankcard 08 was 723 on the date they pulled....The 678 they used was the mortgage 02 model.  I mean really, the mortgage model?

I told them the reason for recon is I feel the denial was computer generated  because of the low score of 678 that was used, whereas my other EX scores are 40-50 pts higher.

Some big fancy words, alotta butt kissin', etc, etc....we'll see what happens.  1st time ever recon, anywhere.

Got my double letter recon denial today.  Only took 2 wks.

It said my 'information and or explanation was insufficient to support my appeal', and 'the credit request is outside of credit union guidelines policy'.

Uhh, err, umkay.  Anybody care to explain?  lol.

I think what they're saying, is WE DON'T DO RECONS.

Message 288 of 293
capitalkid
Regular Contributor

Racer-x -I would not loose any sleep over it .  Dont worry about it.  Really I think the CU hype is way overstated anyway.  I belonged to one years ago and they were worst than my big bank in getting paperwork and accounts updated.  Nothing was in real time -ever.  WAMU great - SCCU not so much....

I Did a nasa membership app yesterday for a 5$ savings share.  It went pending.  Its just a run around with these guys, for a savings account. Really.  I know folks get good lines here and there from nasa but the whole mafia like prove you are our kind stuff is a bit much.  I had to answer all these public records questions...like some had nothing to do with me- then they were still like hmmmmmm...

Then they said "OK you are on the last part now we wait for customer service to approve it".

I said" ok, and what does that time frame look like".

she says" well each member service representive gets a case load of apps and as they go through each one gets approved or denied".

I said "how long does that take?".

She said "as long as it takes". I was like whoahah

3 hours later I just called them back and said" just cancel out this app this is not worth it".  I could start up a savings account at BOA in less than 5.  OK its not a CU its big bank but good lord at least its automated.  IMHO Its just over the top for todays banking world.  Thats what credit checks/DL's are for-verification.    

Anyway , cheers to all who had good luck w/them ,however I wont go round robin hoods barn with them.  If its this slow to figure out an account opening I can imagine what getting anything serious done would be like.  Every single thing would need a human touch. and human touch equals human error.   too much .  

Cheers

Message 289 of 293
vikingred
Frequent Contributor

Just tried again.  DECLINED for the card.  Tried for the PLOC-------------------DECLINED.

NASA is a WASTE.

Message 290 of 293
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.