Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrill+ Visa $50k Bonus Approved

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Merrill+ Visa $50k Bonus Approved

Decided to take the dive on this one, not great on rewards but its also no annual fee and nice looking. 

BoA Merrill+ Visa Signature

$17,500 SL

15.99% 

Applied over the phone and was not instant, but checked status online about 3 hours after and it said approved, but didn't have the limit or APR so called in and was only able to get the SL. No Complaints Here! $50k Points for $3k/90 days

**UPDATE** i do see the CLI button online already, wondering if it's worth a go! And another odd thing, I haven't recieved a HP yet on any report. Not complaining, but it if remains missing then I saved the inquiry, by luck lol

)Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 5.20.53 PM.png

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Re: Merrill+ Visa $50k Bonus Approved

Congrats, OP! I just got this card on Thursday. Still waiting on it to arrive, but approved with the same welcome bonus -- much lower SL, $5K. BoA already has a lot of exposure for my sub 700 scores. All spend going through that sucker for at least 2 months -- the Welcome Bonus almost can't be beat!

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 2 of 25
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Thanks CMM! my score isnt much higher than yours. EX Fico 756 w/9 inq in last year, and 1 inq in last 6 months..They denied me the last 2 times, but scores were below 720 both times and this was going to be my last try lol 3rd times a charm!

Message 3 of 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy I thought they were going to give you a fifty thousand dollar bonusSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 25
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Congratulations OP on the Merrill Approval. I just applied for this last week after my CLI request was approved on my Cash Rewards.Went pending and was approved the next day with $10,000 SL. Like you say not the best rewards card but 50,000 points is hard to pass on. And the points never expire.

Update: Saw the request a credit line increase show up even before activating it so hit the button and received another $7k! Love it! 

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 5 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@credit_endurance wrote:

Congratulations OP on the Merrill Approval. I just applied for this last week after my CLI request was approved on my Cash Rewards.Went pending and was approved the next day with $10,000 SL. Like you say not the best rewards card but 50,000 points is hard to pass on. And the points never expire.

Update: Saw the request a credit line increase show up even before activating it so hit the button and received another $7k! Love it! 

Did it take from one of your other CC's with BofA by chance?  Or was that only one you had?  Reason I ask others that had merrill it took from another card when initially approved thus I didn't hit it until it was 3 months old then got my CLI granted it was a HP, but got 3 CLI's w/1 hp across all my bofa card.

Congrats OP on your approval.  Nice and solid one.  The bonus is hard to beat and nice looking card the rewards are obviously meh as you know.  I out a few hundred on it a month just cause i dig the card for whatever reason Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and sweet starting limit!!
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_endurance wrote:

Congrats on your CLI!

Message 8 of 25
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your Merrill+!  I enjoy mine, it always seems to get double looks when I use it.  BOA is great, enjoy!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 9 of 25
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

Did it take from one of your other CC's with BofA by chance?  Or was that only one you had?  Reason I ask others that had merrill it took from another card when initially approved thus I didn't hit it until it was 3 months old then got my CLI granted it was a HP, but got 3 CLI's w/1 hp across all my bofa card.

Congrats OP on your approval.  Nice and solid one.  The bonus is hard to beat and nice looking card the rewards are obviously meh as you know.  I out a few hundred on it a month just cause i dig the card for whatever reason Smiley Happy

@CreditCuriousity since you had mentioned that logged into my account to check if they had pulled CL from my cash rewards and they didn't take a cent. So a standalone increase for the Merrill Lynch. It's going to be interesting to see if I do get the request button to appear in 3 months. For me all totaled 2 credit line increases and 1 new approval with one hp. ( I still see the button as we speak) Smiley Wink

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.