Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini App Day - Success!

tag
apandabear
Regular Contributor

Mini App Day - Success!

Hi all!

I asked for help in a previous post and had my app spree today! My EQ fico updated to a lovely 669 after one of my cards reported to $0, so I hit the go button!

The YAY!

American Express Green Card - APPROVED! NPSL 

I only applied green because HELLO annual fees. I don't know if I'll use it enough to justify the higher cards right now. Especially since.....

Chase Freedom - APPROVED $3,500

(edit to add NEW approval!)

Discover IT - APPROVED $10,000

And the meh 

Ebates Visa (GE backed) - no immediate decision

Amazon Visa (Chase backed) - reconned/denied

All in all, a fantastic day! I am now a member of the Amex family, and have a Chase Freedom -- wow!

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Mini App Day - Success!

Congrats! Chase is good with recon. GECRB not so much. I'm happy it turned out for you. Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 17
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@apandabear wrote:

Hi all!

I asked for help in a previous post and had my app spree today! My EQ fico updated to a lovely 669 after one of my cards reported to $0, so I hit the go button!

The YAY!

American Express Green Card - APPROVED! NPSL 

I only applied green because HELLO annual fees. I don't know if I'll use it enough to justify the higher cards right now. Especially since.....

Chase Freedom - APPROVED $3500

And the meh 

Ebates Visa (GE backed) - no immediate decision

Amazon Visa (Chase backed) - no immediate decision 

I'm expecting the last two to come back as No's in the mail, but that's fine. I expect I'll eventually get one of them, since I have a relationship now with both Chase and GE.

All in all, a fantastic day! I am now a member of the Amex family, and have a Chase Freedom -- wow!

Congrats on your app spree Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 3 of 17
apandabear
Regular Contributor

Thanks all for the well wishes!!! I was browsing the forum and decided I needed a Discover card to round out my wallet. 

Just applied, reconned, and was approved for Discover IT for $10k.. I got the 5-7 day message and called in. (SO GLAD I DID!)

Whoa!

2009-10 - C/Os
Message 4 of 17
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

WTG Congrats on your approvals!  You got some great starting limits from the spree, enjoy your new cards!  I'm very envious of your Discover starting limit Smiley Wink

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 5 of 17
apandabear
Regular Contributor

I know -- that limit is way higher than I thought it would be. That's a product of a human review, I don't think a computer would have given that...

But maybe that'll help my Chase CL to grow aggressively? Smiley Happy

thank you! Smiley Happy

2009-10 - C/Os
Message 6 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats OP on a good spree Smiley Happy  I would give Credit Solutions a call it could be something small but if the computer actually denies you for a new account the UW is not going to overturn it. Good luck!

Message 7 of 17
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your app success Smiley Happy.... wow... I am really impressed about your Discover starting CL ! ....it took me 15 months to get from 2,5K to 5K but I love my card Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats, did you call Chase? Multiple apps with them can put them in limbo unless you call and verify it's you.

Ebates is a tougher one it seems they look for a minimum 720 FICO.
Message 9 of 17
apandabear
Regular Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Congrats OP on a good spree Smiley Happy  I would give Credit Solutions a call it could be something small but if the computer actually denies you for a new account the UW is not going to overturn it. Good luck!

what is credit solutions?

2009-10 - C/Os
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.