Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini-App Spree Results $36,000

tag
mapkos13
Established Member

Mini-App Spree Results $36,000

So I was bouncing around the forums one day browsing and came across this "app spree" thing. 

Although the name says it all, I wasn't sure what the pros and cons were so after a little research I figured I'd give it a shot. 

I began with AMEX BCP, followed by Logix, a NFCU Flagship Rewards CLI, and BOA Cash Rewards.

AMEX- Pulled EX at 695 and approved for $5,600

NFCU- Pulled TU at 702 and approved for CLI from $27k to $40,000

Bank of America- Pulled EX at 695 and approved for $15,000

Logix- Pulled EX and received an approval email for $15,000 with the std. "bank rep will be in touch in 1 day to finalize..."

Called them a couple of days later and they said it was denied. When I asked why he said it showed too many maxed out cards? 

This was a little strange considering I have one card with $9,000 on a $10,000 limit, my NFCU had $15,000 on a $27,000 limit

and none of my other cards had any balance at all.

When I told him that doesn't make sense he said "well it's also because we don't do business in MN." I then asked to speak to someone

because I said if you don't do business here, then you should have never done a HP on my EX report and taken my credit app. He had

someone call me when the dept opened who took some information and said they would call back. That was Tuesday and it's still showing

and no call back yet. 

Kind of BS if they try to pull this and I will fight it because if you cannot extend credit in a state that you don't do business with, you should have

never taken my app and therefore should have never pulled my report. 

Anyway, not to move too far off topic but just a warning. 

Either way, I think my mini-app spree was pretty good. $33,600 in new credit on four HP's- (3 EX and 1 TU....soon to be three) 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Mini-App Spree Results $36,000

Congrats on the app spree! Grrr! On the MN BS! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 16
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@mapkos13 wrote:

So I was bouncing around the forums one day browsing and came across this "app spree" thing. 

Although the name says it all, I wasn't sure what the pros and cons were so after a little research I figured I'd give it a shot. 

I began with AMEX BCP, followed by Logix, a NFCU Flagship Rewards CLI, and BOA Cash Rewards.

AMEX- Pulled EX at 695 and approved for $5,600

NFCU- Pulled TU at 702 and approved for CLI from $27k to $40,000

Bank of America- Pulled EX at 695 and approved for $15,000

Logix- Pulled EX and received an approval email for $15,000 with the std. "bank rep will be in touch in 1 day to finalize..."

Called them a couple of days later and they said it was denied. When I asked why he said it showed too many maxed out cards? 

This was a little strange considering I have one card with $9,000 on a $10,000 limit, my NFCU had $15,000 on a $27,000 limit

and none of my other cards had any balance at all.

When I told him that doesn't make sense he said "well it's also because we don't do business in MN." I then asked to speak to someone

because I said if you don't do business here, then you should have never done a HP on my EX report and taken my credit app. He had

someone call me when the dept opened who took some information and said they would call back. That was Tuesday and it's still showing

and no call back yet. 

Kind of BS if they try to pull this and I will fight it because if you cannot extend credit in a state that you don't do business with, you should have

never taken my app and therefore should have never pulled my report. 

Anyway, not to move too far off topic but just a warning. 

Either way, I think my mini-app spree was pretty good. $33,600 in new credit on four HP's- (3 EX and 1 TU....soon to be three) 

Congrats on your app spree Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 3 of 16
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

WTG Congrats on your approvals!  Shoot, $36k in new credit line from an app spree is beyond "pretty good" in my book...it's amazing! Enjoy your new cards.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 16
Sooners2013
Regular Contributor

HOw long had you had your NFCU card when you asked for the CLI? 

Message 5 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on a great run OP Smiley Happy

Yes Logix does no business in MN, its operating area is not even the entire US West.

Message 6 of 16
mapkos13
Established Member

I had the CC just over a year. Actually maybe 18 months now that I think about it.

The Logic thing just pissed me off. That is an awful system if that's the case. 

They need to have very basic logic in their process. Here's a thought... What state do you live iin? No option for yours in the drop down... sorry, we don't service that area. no app taken, no credit pulled. 

I'd like to say that's genius but any idiot could figure that out!

Message 7 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Logix is on a terrible tear of going against the computer system and it just maddens me if they are going to offer such TERRIBLE customer service and underwriting why not take the instant automated computer system away... I would have a lot less negative things to say and feel about them had I not gotten the instant approval and same for you I have a feeling on not being in "state"

They have quickly climbed up my hate list and with each new report of the same thing happening I hate them more... it's stupid.

Message 8 of 16
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the app spree! I wonder if the real reason for the Logix denial is really because of all new CLIs/HPs? I know the main CBs don't show the new CLIs but as I noticed with the smaller CBs (innovis for example) that CLIs are started to appear almost as instant as HPs.

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 9 of 16
alvon123
Super Contributor

great job!!!!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.