Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving On Up - Discover Auto CLI

tag
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Re: Moving On Up - Discover Auto CLI

+1 its a sp but if they can't increase with a sp, they may offer to increase with a hp. If a hp is needed, you would have to confirm after the sp.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Took you advice and went to the site.  Didn't see a button but used the pull down menu and clicked on the increase area.  It asked for income; employment; assets and housing info. At the bottom it said they may pull a credit report which could affect your credit score.  At that point it was "nuff said."  I got out of it and signed out.  I'll wait until a button appears or until they give me another auto CLI.  If a soft pull is involved ok but I won't let them do a hard pull.

Thanks for info it was worth the try.

There isn't a button per se but, you were in the right place.  Don't let the disclaimer scare you out of collecting your money on the table.  They won't HP you for using it!!!!

The only time they HP is at opening and when you ask for more than the SP allows.  Hit the butto and collect your cash!!!!

e.g. when I was testing their timing hitting the button every week they never ever pulled a HP 

Went back in and filled out their questions (Income; Assets; Employment and Housing) and submitted.  Got the DENIED message and a message regarding a letter to be sent out in 3 to 5 days.
To the sock drawer we will go for now.  I have larger CL cards to use.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the Discover credit limit increase! That's awesome Smiley Happy I think it's great when credit card companies increase your limit and lower your utilization (if you're carrying a balance, that is)

Message 13 of 20
joltdude
Senior Contributor

SP on that.. Hp if you push lending which your not doing
Message 14 of 20
joltdude
Senior Contributor

That's actually calling lending and begging for an increase.. they might offer to for an HP.. can't edit on Mobile
Message 15 of 20
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Received email today increasing my Discover limit from the $6000 SL to $9000.  This was an auto increase.  I received my Discover card the end of November 2016 so this CL increase came after approximately 90 days. I have only used the card a couple of times within the past 30 days for small purchases and paid each purchase off as soon as the charges post.

So far I like the card and the ease of using their website.  If the limit increases up to around $15k it will become my go to card.  Hopefully this will happen with the next year. I don't know their time frame for auto CLI's whether they are every 90 days or 6 months or longer.  

Fascinating you should say this, because there are many in this forum who think that pushing many dollars in purchases through the card is the path to credit limit increases with Discover.

There are others who think using the card rarely, for small purchases, playing 'hard to get', is more likely to attract the attention of the Discover CLI gods.

Me I think Discover CLI's are decided by a convention of monkeys operating keyboards.

As to auto-CLI's, I think you will 'discover' that auto-CLI's are not that common with Discover, and that most Discover card holders never receive CLI's without asking.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 16 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

+1,000,000 SJ, monkeys see monkeys doSmiley Happy.

Agree with the auto part, waiting on one is like watching the grass grow after you've cut the grassSmiley Wink

Nice increase opSmiley Happy
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Fascinating you should say this, because there are many in this forum who think that pushing many dollars in purchases through the card is the path to credit limit increases with Discover.

@humuhumunukunukuapua'a wrote:
Absolutely agree, SJ. Using Discover heavily with high dollar spend has been the key to CLI's for many people- not using it lightly or moderately.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

lucky you! I'm going on 15 months with discover with a 772 TU fico score and I have received three 500 CLI....amex...Citi ect have all given me big CLI....Discover for some reason doesn't like me.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonderful!! Conrats on your AUTO increase!!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.