cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My App Spree Results: Limits and Pulls Info

tag
DNSense

My App Spree Results: Limits and Pulls Info

Against my better judgment I decided to app for a ton of cards last week, with a mixed bag of success and failure. I figured I just bought a house last summer, so I have no more major purchases on the horizon, so I may as well ding my inquiries a bit and try to take advantage of sign up bonuses - and try to get my first business card since I'm Self-Employed and recently formed myself into an LLC. 

My Ficos range from 686 to 730, income $110k or so, one paid judgment from 2007 still on my reports is hurting my limits I think. 

Capital One Quicksilver: Denied

Cannot believe Capital One refuses to give me a CLI or a new card after all these years. They were the first ones to offer me a card again when my score was in the dumps after college mistakes, a $500 limit basic platinum with no features and a $39 AF. Garbage. Denied for Venture last year too.

They pulled EQ AND EX.

Barclays Arrival AF Version: Approved instantly for $3600

I applied for the World MasterCard but I think those start at $5000 limit so it looks like I'm getting the Platinum version unfortunately. Still has the 2x on all purchases and 40,000 sign up bonus. I will call to try to increase CL and upgrade when the card arrives, I'd love that phone number if anyone has it. By the way, I entered my info on their pre-approval link and it said "congratulations, you're pre-approved..." so I went for it. Barclays pulled TU. 

Bank of America Business World Points: Probably Denied

The Website was having issues when I applied, it locked me in a reloading browser forever while processing and eventually I got a message saying they would contact me by mail. I still have not been able to get any business card whatsoever. Denials from Chase and Citi last year. Amex sent me a pre-approval for the Enhanced Business Rewards Gold card but I already have Amex Plat and PRG so I didn't need that annual fee.

BoA pulled EQ.

DiscoverIT: Approved $4000

Instant approval. I applied for this one not because I wanted it, but because apparently they wanted me. I finally gave in to the once a week pre-approved letters I get in the mail. Discover pulled EQ.

Citi Thank You Preferred: Denied

I was denied for the reason of "too many inquiries" , not entirely surprising but what is surprising is my wife who makes less than me, and is a new US Citizen with only 2 years of (almost empty) credit history at all was approved for a 5 figure Thank You Preferred. Go figure. She wanted to take advantage of the 40,000 sign up bonus, and figured we would tag team those TY Points together, but alas no. Maybe also because they gave me a Diamond Preferred last year, so it might be too recent for another card.

Citi pulled EQ also. 

First Hawaiian World Elite Priority Destinations: Pending

I live in Hawaii, this is my primary bank and has been for 7 years, so I would hope they would give me the card. They have a somewhat primitive app system online, and I don't think they ever give instant approvals. I got the message they would review my app during normal business hours (apped on weekend).

So I'm 2 for 6 with potentials on 2 of them. I really don't anticipate getting the business card, I can't seem to make that happen for some reason. I really wanted a Chase Ink of some sort, but Chase wants nothing to do with me apparently. Been denied for years. 

I'll update if those others come through, but enjoy the info and happy apping!

TU: 723, EX: 686, EQ: 698 Amex Platinum, Amex Premier Rewards Gold, Barclays Arrival ($3500), Citi Diamond Preferred ($8000), Amex Blue Sky ($1k), Capital One Basic Platinum ($750), Chase Freedom ($6k)
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
blunderer
Established Contributor

Re: My App Spree Results: Limits and Pulls Info

Thanks for sharing.

Congrats on the approvals. 

Hoping for good things on the pending app Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
dap1984va
New Contributor

Congrats on the approvals...As I know and you can read on the forums. Barlcays likes to be "Number #1" Personally I applied for c. cards after my Approval w/Barclays  with no problems... but others have recieved closures. Not trying to be funny, but Capital One is pretty easy to get, if they turn you down, there is a problem. People can get a Capital One with a 375 Credit Score (just playing) That Denial,...might be a sign you need to stop applying......+ the hard pulls

Message 3 of 10
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats!!

Message 4 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!  Thanks for sharing.

Message 6 of 10
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@DNSense wrote:

Against my better judgment I decided to app for a ton of cards last week, with a mixed bag of success and failure. I figured I just bought a house last summer, so I have no more major purchases on the horizon, so I may as well ding my inquiries a bit and try to take advantage of sign up bonuses - and try to get my first business card since I'm Self-Employed and recently formed myself into an LLC. 

My Ficos range from 686 to 730, income $110k or so, one paid judgment from 2007 still on my reports is hurting my limits I think. 

Capital One Quicksilver: Denied

Cannot believe Capital One refuses to give me a CLI or a new card after all these years. They were the first ones to offer me a card again when my score was in the dumps after college mistakes, a $500 limit basic platinum with no features and a $39 AF. Garbage. Denied for Venture last year too.

They pulled EQ AND EX.

Barclays Arrival AF Version: Approved instantly for $3600

I applied for the World MasterCard but I think those start at $5000 limit so it looks like I'm getting the Platinum version unfortunately. Still has the 2x on all purchases and 40,000 sign up bonus. I will call to try to increase CL and upgrade when the card arrives, I'd love that phone number if anyone has it. By the way, I entered my info on their pre-approval link and it said "congratulations, you're pre-approved..." so I went for it. Barclays pulled TU. 

Bank of America Business World Points: Probably Denied

The Website was having issues when I applied, it locked me in a reloading browser forever while processing and eventually I got a message saying they would contact me by mail. I still have not been able to get any business card whatsoever. Denials from Chase and Citi last year. Amex sent me a pre-approval for the Enhanced Business Rewards Gold card but I already have Amex Plat and PRG so I didn't need that annual fee.

BoA pulled EQ.

DiscoverIT: Approved $4000

Instant approval. I applied for this one not because I wanted it, but because apparently they wanted me. I finally gave in to the once a week pre-approved letters I get in the mail. Discover pulled EQ.

Citi Thank You Preferred: Denied

I was denied for the reason of "too many inquiries" , not entirely surprising but what is surprising is my wife who makes less than me, and is a new US Citizen with only 2 years of (almost empty) credit history at all was approved for a 5 figure Thank You Preferred. Go figure. She wanted to take advantage of the 40,000 sign up bonus, and figured we would tag team those TY Points together, but alas no. Maybe also because they gave me a Diamond Preferred last year, so it might be too recent for another card.

Citi pulled EQ also. 

First Hawaiian World Elite Priority Destinations: Pending

I live in Hawaii, this is my primary bank and has been for 7 years, so I would hope they would give me the card. They have a somewhat primitive app system online, and I don't think they ever give instant approvals. I got the message they would review my app during normal business hours (apped on weekend).

So I'm 2 for 6 with potentials on 2 of them. I really don't anticipate getting the business card, I can't seem to make that happen for some reason. I really wanted a Chase Ink of some sort, but Chase wants nothing to do with me apparently. Been denied for years. 

I'll update if those others come through, but enjoy the info and happy apping!

Congrats on your approvals. Capitol One usually lets people back almost instantly. I haven't any cases of blacklisting from them.  And you said that you were denied for the Citi card but I see it in your siggy. Did you recon it recently? 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 7 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

You're applying for some of the work cards lol
CONGRATS!
But Chiti, Crapital One, and Batclay's are known for being weird.
Try a Chase Card or Amex... They seem to be easier for me. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 10
hot4u
Established Contributor

Congrats on your Approvals.

First Hawaiian World Elite Priority Destinations < Good luck on getting this.. Been keeping an eye on it myself

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 9 of 10
Aaroncl27
Established Member

Congrats! Barclay recently shot me down too. Even when I asked if I could just PC their card instead. They're pretty strict. The lady on recon asked me lots of questions and seemed genuinely interested and sounded like she was going to approve me, and then told me no because I had too many hard inqueries recently. They judge them pretty strictly. I don't know why she asked me 500 questions though if she was going to say no because of something she could see off the bat. Kind of irritating. But congrats on the approvals! You got some good ones!

SCORES AS OF 7/20/15 TU: 761 EQ: 768 EX: 770

10000              6000              5000               5000               4400              3750              2000               1700
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.