Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My First Ever Charge Card AMEX Platinum Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My First Ever Charge Card AMEX Platinum Approved

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats! Which part of Asia are you headed to if you don't mind me asking?

Well my family is from the Philippines. So going there first, then the 2nd week we will be going to Macau and Hong Kong.

Also my flight layover is in Seoul, Korea.. So I'm definitely excited to use my Amex Plat perks there for lounge access.

HHonors and SPG Gold Status access for hotels in Macau and Hong Kong.

Message 21 of 27
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Hopefully they will be able to work something out for you.. side note- my 100k MR points posted today (from the 11/23 leaked link offer)... 😁
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguy wrote:
Hopefully they will be able to work something out for you.. side note- my 100k MR points posted today (from the 11/23 leaked link offer)... 😁

I'm still doing research on how to spend 3-5K in 3 months with this card.

Some say pay a friend using PayPal, some say buy Giftcard in $500 increments, or some say book a flight for future and once bonus receive cancel and refund.

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, congrats! You should be stoked! 

Side note, for others following the thread, consider checking Amex prequal via NerdWallet. My offer for PRG was 50K MR with just 1K spend in 3 months. Done!  But it also said the offer was 25% higher than recent offers, so it will tell you if you're getting a decent offer.  

Again, well done OP. 

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OP, congrats! You should be stoked! 

Side note, for others following the thread, consider checking Amex prequal via NerdWallet. My offer for PRG was 50K MR with just 1K spend in 3 months. Done!  But it also said the offer was 25% higher than recent offers, so it will tell you if you're getting a decent offer.  

Again, well done OP. 

Forget the bonus! LOL, I am stoked.. Thank You..

Number one reason I wanted the card was for the Perks. Lounge Access, HHonors, SPG Gold Status, Hertz, Avis Gold Status, etc..

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow.. that approval was devastating lolz, my inquiry just posted and it cost me 7 points on my EX the usual.. arghh.. lolz, oh well.. it will recover..

Now at 649
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll get those points back soon! Don't sweat it! Hopefully the open case will get you the offer you expected!
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.