Senior Contributor

Re: My Recent Customer Retention Experience

Congrats!

Message 21 of 29
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 22 of 29
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Wow, dont know what to say....

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice job!!!

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very awesome! Congrats on cutting the clutter!!

Message 25 of 29
sccredit
Valued Contributor

For me the reason I keep the Home Depot card is not their regular APR but their special finance promotions.  Right now I have appliances financed for 18 months at 0%.  

Message 26 of 29
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 27 of 29
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Way to go on your closing spree!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 28 of 29
slund5499
Established Contributor

I am in the process of preparing to do something similiar. I will be cleaning up my unwanted TL over the next year.

Trading prime pre-apporvals for ungraduated secured cards (US Bank and WF), First premier, Secured Capital One, 6 commenity accounts.

The secured cards will never graduate anytime soon (Had both for just over 2 years)....so why keep the money tied up with US Bank and WF.

Capital one secured was just to get my foot in the door with Capital One. Picked up the journey TL at the same time.

First Premier, Overstock, Buckle, Express, New York and Co, Victoria Secret and Abercrombie were acquired for utilization purposes. (small toy limits do help when overall credit is less than 10K).

Will keep (2) quicksilver and Merrick as these are AU accounts with 4 year histories. Also keeping Barclay NFL rewards and Cap One Journey.

As prime TL develop I will close the unwanted cards. Currently 8 unwanted accounts have recently had a balance carry at statement date of less than $50.....Now they are all eith PIF or have a balance around $2.

Before primes become avaialble....scores need to come up and time needs to heal AAofA and allow toy limits to mature.

Really do not see anything else that will help. Getting the debt owed down to less than 15% will take at least 6 months.

In the garden since 02/1/23. Newest Account AU Discover It 10K
02/23 Scores; EQ 608 TU 642 EX 575 CCU: 20%, Inq. 2, 1, 2 Collections $39K
Lending Club: newest account 2/3/23. Old Fico 1/17 EQ 530 TU 542 EX 512

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.