austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: My first year with Discover - Data Points

Added another CLI and Link to new more comprehensive overview of Discover 

Message 11 of 35
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Added 12/1 CLI amount and some additional notes to the end regarding their lending group.  $6K and setting the clock for 2/1/2017!!

Message 12 of 35
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

ETA:I didn't get a HP or anything but, when it finally updated from the supv processing they rounded it off to $42K instead of that nagging $600 on the end!!!!

12-5-2016 5-37-02 PM.jpg

I guess it was a good idea to call about that weird CL after all!!!!!!  Thanks Discover for making it all better!

Message 13 of 35
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

Question. When using your card, do you pay in full when the statement cuts or do you pay it off a few days after it has posted? 

Just got my card two days ago and want to maximize it to the fullest. 

Again, great threads for the discover card. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 14 of 35
ambivalent
Established Contributor

This is a great thread.  I've copied your data points so I can use it as a guide/reference/template.  I got my card and just began to use it this week on some gifts.  My score is nowhere near yours, but I am hoping to see some growth over the next year.  Thanks!!! 

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 15 of 35
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

Question. When using your card, do you pay in full when the statement cuts or do you pay it off a few days after it has posted? 

Just got my card two days ago and want to maximize it to the fullest. 

Again, great threads for the discover card. 

I don't do anything special with it.... just use it, let the statement report, and autopay in full each month.  I've auto billed cable/internet to it each month and use it for some other smalll stuff every once in awhile.  Discover likes it when you play hard to get apparently where others like you to abuse them and rub the numbers off the card to get a CLI.

Message 16 of 35
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

Okay, perfect. 

I like it... they wanna chase you. Always a fun game, lol. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 17 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Wow persistence really pays off with Discover! Thanks for the great data sharing too! Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 35
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

LOTR

Did you see the follow up to this that sort of explains how they work from app to CLI ?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-unOfficial-Data-Points/td-p/4802538

Message 19 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

LOTR

Did you see the follow up to this that sort of explains how they work from app to CLI ?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-unOfficial-Data-Points/td-p/4802538

Nope.  Sure didn't, but I'll be looking at shortly!  Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.