cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My "little" spree

tag
lm5243

My "little" spree

So I kept getting this pre-approval letter from BofA in the mail and against my better judgement I decided to go for it. The only credit I had at that moment were 2 Capital one cards(1 secure with $200 limit, other unsecure with $750 limit). It was a suprise to me when I got the instant approval for $2500 limit(this is the first card I think I have been approved for online). On the next day I see an affiliate ad offering me $50 to open a Discover IT card, I apply and get approved for a $1500 limit, this is when i let go of my better judement all the way and go a little credit app crazy. over the next 4 days I apply and get approved for Chase freedom $3k, Citi Thankyou$2.5k, Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards $5k, American Express Blue Cash Everyday $500(a little low huh?), Sallie Mae Upromise $1.3k, Walmart Store Card $400, Amazon Store Card $400, Mens Wearhouse Perfect Fit $1.4k, Target Red Credit $800...In the process I did get denied for a good few and reason was too many Inquires...I got denied on Citi Simplicity, Total Rewards, The Amazon, and Walmart Visas(only approved for store cards), CSP, and maybe 3 or 4 others.

But overall I am happy with my new credit. I had a defaulted student loan years ago that went into garnishment, but is now completely timed off my report. I have no negatives anymore. I have $10k of active student loans, but I am currently full time student so I am not paying on them. My score was in the 680-720 range before this spree, I am sure it will go down a good bit from all the inquires but I am ok with that. 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: My "little" spree

lm5243 wrote:

So I kept getting this pre-approval letter from BofA in the mail and against my better judgement I decided to go for it. The only credit I had at that moment were 2 Capital one cards(1 secure with $200 limit, other unsecure with $750 limit). It was a suprise to me when I got the instant approval for $2500 limit(this is the first card I think I have been approved for online). On the next day I see an affiliate ad offering me $50 to open a Discover IT card, I apply and get approved for a $1500 limit, this is when i let go of my better judement all the way and go a little credit app crazy. over the next 4 days I apply and get approved for Chase freedom $3k, Citi Thankyou$2.5k, Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards $5k, American Express Blue Cash Everyday $500(a little low huh?), Sallie Mae Upromise $1.3k, Walmart Store Card $400, Amazon Store Card $400, Mens Wearhouse Perfect Fit $1.4k, Target Red Credit $800...In the process I did get denied for a good few and reason was too many Inquires...I got denied on Citi Simplicity, Total Rewards, The Amazon, and Walmart Visas(only approved for store cards), CSP, and maybe 3 or 4 others.

But overall I am happy with my new credit. I had a defaulted student loan years ago that went into garnishment, but is now completely timed off my report. I have no negatives anymore. I have $10k of active student loans, but I am currently full time student so I am not paying on them. My score was in the 680-720 range before this spree, I am sure it will go down a good bit from all the inquires but I am ok with that. 

Congrats on all of your approvals!!! So am i getting this straight? you applied for 15+ cards in a few days? wow, that is some spree..I  would definitely lay low for a while and not app for anything.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 24
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Congrats. Not too bad. The Chase and Citi denials were probably b/c they only allow so many apps/approvals in a certain time frame.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 3 of 24
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approvals, seems like you were busy!  Glad the spree turned out great for you.  I notice that there are a number of $500 approvals for BCE lately, but hey you have 61days to look forward to (3x CLI). 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 24
alvon123
Super Contributor

Congrats!! You had a great spree!!! Just let those accounts age for a bit in the garden

Message 5 of 24
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! That is a pretty impressive arsenal.

Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 6 of 24
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! I'm truly speechless!  Smiley Surprised

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 24
katie04
Valued Member

Congrats!  Some pretty good starting limits too!

Scores: EX: 730 (12/9) EQ: 726 (10/29) TU (Disc IT): 762 (03/10)
Goal: 750 across the board

My wallet: Citi Dividend Platinum Select $8100 | Chase Freedom Visa Siggy $6000 | Capital One Quicksilver $5250 | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000 | Discover IT $4000 | Sam's Club LOC $2700 | Victoria's Secret $2590 | BOA Better Balance $2000 | Express $1560 | Target $1000
Message 8 of 24
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

That was a good one! Spree! Spree! Spree! ... Spree! Spree! Spree!
Message 9 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum! That was some haul...you have a lot of seedlings that need tending; see you in the garden.
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.