tag
astrangerwcandy
Contributor

My spree luck continues...new largest CLI

Spree results so far:

Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000

Wyndham Rewards Visa Signature $650

My Best Buy MasterCard CLI from $900 to $1500

The other day I opened my mail and got an invite from Florida State University CU to upgrade to their new rewards Visa Signature. I had an old $1000 limit basic MasterCard with them that I used when I was first trying to rebuild my credit. I applied for it and got a call to come by the CU branch near me today. When I went in they said the minimum credit limit for the upgraded card was $7500 and that I was approved for that amount if I wanted to continue the upgrade. They did say they couldn't back date the new card but that much of a CLI seems worth it to me at this point.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My spree luck continues...new largest CLI

Wow Very nice! Congratulations!!!

Message 2 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@astrangerwcandy wrote:

Spree results so far:

The other day I opened my mail and got an invite from Florida State University CU to upgrade to their new rewards Visa Signature. I had an old $1000 limit basic MasterCard with them that I used when I was first trying to rebuild my credit. I applied for it and got a call to come by the CU branch near me today. When I went in they said the minimum credit limit for the upgraded card was $7500 and that I was approved for that amount if I wanted to continue the upgrade. They did say they couldn't back date the new card but that much of a CLI seems worth it to me at this point.

Grats on all your approvals Smiley Happy

My CU does that too, any card upgrade is new account, I dont like it and I wont upgrade the account again, its not right that its done this way, I suspect their systems cannot handle it. New account numbers are generated with each upgrade as well.

Message 3 of 14
astrangerwcandy
Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@astrangerwcandy wrote:

Spree results so far:

Grats on all your approvals Smiley Happy

My CU does that too, any card upgrade is new account, I dont like it and I wont upgrade the account again, its not right that its done this way, I suspect their systems cannot handle it. New account numbers are generated with each upgrade as well.

Not that such superficial things should matter but the new card (in my sig) looks a lot more stylish than most CU cards which tend to look a little ghetto. I doubt I'll upgrade this one again even if there is another tier at some point. They are using CU Rewards as their rewards program which isn't all that great for redeeming stuff. I'll mainly be keeping this card from here on out as a good account to keep open and aging.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not that such superficial things should matter but the new card (in my sig) looks a lot more stylish than most CU cards which tend to look a little ghetto. I doubt I'll upgrade this one again even if there is another tier at some point. They are using CU Rewards as their rewards program which isn't all that great for redeeming stuff. I'll mainly be keeping this card from here on out as a good account to keep open and aging.

Oh I think it matters! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success!
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure people apply for the looks of cards. Congrats on your upgrade!

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

GRATS on the approvals . . .

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats!Robot surprised

Message 9 of 14
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

Congrats! That is a cool looking card! Smiley Happy

Starting Scores 2/13/15: EQ 635 EX 674 TU 684 ////7/16/15 Scores: EQ 661 EX 669 TU 703 //// 2/15/16 Scores EQ 652 EX 647 TU 756 //// 3/24/16 Scores: EQ 661 EX 649 TU 773 //// EQ 670 EX 653 TU 768 (EQ And EX still tainted)
Goal Scores: 760 across the board
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.