Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA Remorse

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NASA Remorse

I have been lurking around here for a few months and the information has been invaluable.

I saw all the hype about NASA and jumped on the bandwagon.  I didn't need the card, but went for it anyway.

Just got approved and funded today.  Apped two days ago and received the approval email earlier.

$30K Cash Rewards.

I guess I should be happy, but I am thinking I shouldn't have done it since I ddin't need it.

I had a BK 9 years ago and have worked hard to get my credit to a respectable place.  I guess it will be fine, I just need to respect the limits and not go on a spending frenzy.

Stats:

EX FICO was 737 two months ago when I got the AMEX everyday CC

UTIL is about 30% on about $20k in credit lines

EX INQS:  3

3 new accounts in the last 2 months

Income: $73K

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Vegasr
Regular Contributor

Re: NASA Remorse

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been lurking around here for a few months and the information has been invaluable.

I saw all the hype about NASA and jumped on the bandwagon.  I didn't need the card, but went for it anyway.

Just got approved and funded today.  Apped two days ago and received the approval email earlier.

$30K Cash Rewards.

I guess I should be happy, but I am thinking I shouldn't have done it since I ddin't need it.

I had a BK 9 years ago and have worked hard to get my credit to a respectable place.  I guess it will be fine, I just need to respect the limits and not go on a spending frenzy.

Stats:

EX FICO was 737 two months ago when I got the AMEX everyday CC

UTIL is about 30% on about $20k in credit lines

EX INQS:  3

3 new accounts in the last 2 months

Income: $73K

Congrats on the 30K CL. I'm sure you will be able to respect that limit.  As you will initially take a hit in AAoA, it will really help your total UTIL.  A good trade off for a few SPs.

Embarrassing amount of credit cards
AoOA: 25yrs
Message 2 of 33
b_diddy
Established Contributor

SD that puppy and go in peace ...

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 3 of 33
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats!  Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 33
wagsk1
Regular Contributor

Buy an airplane!. Only kidding,its a good test to see if you learned from past mistakes. I hope I have.

Message 5 of 33
itguy_65
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on the great limit.  Yes, it is great to test that you have learned from past mistakes!!

EQ (3/24/17): 820 TU (3/24/17): 799 EX (3/24/17): 806
Message 6 of 33
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 7 of 33
One7
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the approval! Im sure you will be just fine

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 8 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats! with all your work on rebuilding your credit, I guess it's like your badge of honor, carry it with pride!

Message 9 of 33
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

It's a great limit for two SPs. Take it, let it help pad your UTL and it'll make other lenders be a little more generous in the future when giving CLIs or new cards. Other have said to SD it and have it as a badge of honor ha. I agree.

Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.