Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW BofA Better Balance Rewards CC

tag
supersam101
Contributor

Re: NEW BofA Better Balance Rewards CC

Is the card only a master card or can you get a Visa card. 

Discover IT Student $3k. Bankameri better balance $3k.
Chase freedom 2.5k
Message 11 of 38
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Sounds like a good deal if you keep yourself organized to take advantage of it. Definitiely not a daily driver card, just something to keep in the arsenal to earn your lunch money for one month out of the year. The CL shouldn't really be a concern either since the only benefit is really just to trigger the $120 yearly cash back bonus. Subtract whatever minimum interest charge they might have ($2 likely) and you net around $96 a year.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 12 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

This card looks interesting. I'd be wary of them changing the terms if the card ends up not being profitable for them. It looks like someone can just buy a pack of gum every month pay it off and get the cash bonus.

Message 13 of 38
agent_bob
New Contributor

I just chatted with a CSR from BofA. Here's what I found out:

• The minimum payment on your account is calculated as one percent of you rnew balance, total, plus new interest charges, and if applicable, any new late fees or transactions. It will never be less than $15 (unless your balance is less than $15)

Based on my calculations, unless you have a balance of over $1500, your minimum payment will change, but below $1500 (min. payment will be $15)

• This card is only offered with a MasterCard association

Something about this card seems "too good to be true." which makes me a little weary about it, but I'll give BofA a call on Monday to see if I could PC to this BBB card instead of the Cash Rewards. I'm just curious to how BofA is able to pay $25 for each person that qualifies / meets the requirements..

edit: I tried looking for reviews of the card, but this is all I found: BofA BBR Program Rules

how to cancel free trial of score watch
Chase Freedom Unlimited - $15,000 (5/16) | Discover IT - $9,800 (3/13) | Chase Freedom - $7,000 (12/12) | BofA 123 Cash - $7,500 (10/10)
Message 14 of 38
NewYorkGuy
Established Member

@agent_bob wrote:

• The minimum payment on your account is calculated as one percent of you rnew balance, total, plus new interest charges, and if applicable, any new late fees or transactions. It will never be less than $15 (unless your balance is less than $15)

Based on my calculations, unless you have a balance of over $1500, your minimum payment will change, but below $1500 (min. payment will be $15)

Something about this card seems "too good to be true." which makes me a little weary about it, but I'll give BofA a call on Monday to see if I could PC to this BBB card instead of the Cash Rewards. I'm just curious to how BofA is able to pay $25 for each person that qualifies / meets the requirements..

edit: I tried looking for reviews of the card, but this is all I found: BofA BBR Program Rules

I might add this card to my upcoming app-o-rama in May. BofA has been good to me lately and I want to further the relationship with them.

Message 15 of 38
flyingpenguin
New Contributor

@agent_bob wrote:

I was reading those programs rules and came across this 3 interesting things:

• Card — A BankAmericard® Better Balance Rewards™ MasterCard® or Visa® credit card

Maybe a Visa will be offered in the future? 

• Qualifying Payment — A monthly payment received on or before the Due Date, which is more than the Minimum Payment due; a payment in full received on or before the Due Date is a Qualifying Payment

Good to hear a PIF is considered "qualifying."

• Since Quarterly Cash Rewards have a monetary value, you’re responsible for any tax responsibilities that may arise from receiving rewards. Please consult your tax advisor for details.

Hm. Could the rewards taxable?

Message 16 of 38
linux007969
Established Contributor

I just apped for this card and got the following:

" Thank you for submitting a credit card application.

Your business is appreciated and careful consideration is being given to your request, but an instant decision cannot be provided at this time.

You will receive a written response within the next 30 days. "

I already have a 123 secured card but figured WTH and apped, i'm thinking they will probably denie me considering i apped for barclays earlier today they might come back and say "too many inquaries" Smiley Sad

Does anyone know if BOFA's recon is open on weekends or do i have to call them on Monday as well to find out?

At any rate i guess it's better that i apped now so the inquaries will both fall off at the same time 2 years from now and after 1 year not effect me as much... LOL

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 17 of 38
agent_bob
New Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

I just apped for this card and got the following:

" Thank you for submitting a credit card application.

Your business is appreciated and careful consideration is being given to your request, but an instant decision cannot be provided at this time.

You will receive a written response within the next 30 days. "

I already have a 123 secured card but figured WTH and apped, i'm thinking they will probably denie me considering i apped for barclays earlier today they might come back and say "too many inquaries" Smiley Sad

Does anyone know if BOFA's recon is open on weekends or do i have to call them on Monday as well to find out?

At any rate i guess it's better that i apped now so the inquaries will both fall off at the same time 2 years from now and after 1 year not effect me as much... LOL

Late response, but their recon is not open on weekends. Gotta call them during normal business hours M-F.

I'm planning to call them up tomorrow to see if I can PC from a Power Rewards to this Better Balance Rewards card. I'll keep everyone posted & just edit my post!

how to cancel free trial of score watch
Chase Freedom Unlimited - $15,000 (5/16) | Discover IT - $9,800 (3/13) | Chase Freedom - $7,000 (12/12) | BofA 123 Cash - $7,500 (10/10)
Message 18 of 38
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@flyingpenguin wrote:

Good to hear a PIF is considered "qualifying."

• Since Quarterly Cash Rewards have a monetary value, you’re responsible for any tax responsibilities that may arise from receiving rewards. Please consult your tax advisor for details.

Hm. Could the rewards taxable?

It could be. Technically speaking this is not cashback (where it depends on transaction volume), but rather cash reward based on good payment behavior. I would imagine BofA probably will mail 1099-MISC to IRS and you.

Message 19 of 38
Open123
Super Contributor

@flyingpenguin wrote:
  • Qualifying Payment — A monthly payment received on or before the Due Date, which is more than the Minimum Payment due; a payment in full received on or before the Due Date is a Qualifying Payment

So, a $1.00 charge per month is considered "qualifying?"  Nice return, even if it is taxable.  With a BofA account, charge $12 per year and receive $120.

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.