Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Contributor

Re: NEW BofA Better Balance Rewards CC

Is the card only a master card or can you get a Visa card. 

Discover IT Student $3k. Bankameri better balance $3k.
Chase freedom 2.5k
Established Contributor

Sounds like a good deal if you keep yourself organized to take advantage of it. Definitiely not a daily driver card, just something to keep in the arsenal to earn your lunch money for one month out of the year. The CL shouldn't really be a concern either since the only benefit is really just to trigger the $120 yearly cash back bonus. Subtract whatever minimum interest charge they might have ($2 likely) and you net around $96 a year.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
New Contributor

This card looks interesting. I'd be wary of them changing the terms if the card ends up not being profitable for them. It looks like someone can just buy a pack of gum every month pay it off and get the cash bonus.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just chatted with a CSR from BofA. Here's what I found out:

• The minimum payment on your account is calculated as one percent of you rnew balance, total, plus new interest charges, and if applicable, any new late fees or transactions. It will never be less than $15 (unless your balance is less than $15)

Based on my calculations, unless you have a balance of over $1500, your minimum payment will change, but below $1500 (min. payment will be $15)

• This card is only offered with a MasterCard association

Something about this card seems "too good to be true." which makes me a little weary about it, but I'll give BofA a call on Monday to see if I could PC to this BBB card instead of the Cash Rewards. I'm just curious to how BofA is able to pay $25 for each person that qualifies / meets the requirements..

edit: I tried looking for reviews of the card, but this is all I found: BofA BBR Program Rules

how to cancel free trial of score watch
Chase Freedom Unlimited - $15,000 (5/16) | Discover IT - $9,800 (3/13) | Chase Freedom - $7,000 (12/12) | BofA 123 Cash - $7,500 (10/10)
Established Member

agent_bob wrote:

• The minimum payment on your account is calculated as one percent of you rnew balance, total, plus new interest charges, and if applicable, any new late fees or transactions. It will never be less than $15 (unless your balance is less than $15)

Based on my calculations, unless you have a balance of over $1500, your minimum payment will change, but below $1500 (min. payment will be $15)

Something about this card seems "too good to be true." which makes me a little weary about it, but I'll give BofA a call on Monday to see if I could PC to this BBB card instead of the Cash Rewards. I'm just curious to how BofA is able to pay $25 for each person that qualifies / meets the requirements..

edit: I tried looking for reviews of the card, but this is all I found: BofA BBR Program Rules

I might add this card to my upcoming app-o-rama in May. BofA has been good to me lately and I want to further the relationship with them.

Valued Member

agent_bob wrote:

I was reading those programs rules and came across this 3 interesting things:

• Card — A BankAmericard® Better Balance Rewards™ MasterCard® or Visa® credit card

Maybe a Visa will be offered in the future? 

• Qualifying Payment — A monthly payment received on or before the Due Date, which is more than the Minimum Payment due; a payment in full received on or before the Due Date is a Qualifying Payment

Good to hear a PIF is considered "qualifying."

• Since Quarterly Cash Rewards have a monetary value, you’re responsible for any tax responsibilities that may arise from receiving rewards. Please consult your tax advisor for details.

Hm. Could the rewards taxable?

Amex BCP ($12,100) - US Bank Cash+ ($11,000) - BofA Travel Rewards ($10,000) - Citi Forward ($5,500)

Last HP: 6/11/13 (for BofA CLI)
Established Contributor

I just apped for this card and got the following:

" Thank you for submitting a credit card application.

Your business is appreciated and careful consideration is being given to your request, but an instant decision cannot be provided at this time.

You will receive a written response within the next 30 days. "

I already have a 123 secured card but figured WTH and apped, i'm thinking they will probably denie me considering i apped for barclays earlier today they might come back and say "too many inquaries" Smiley Sad

Does anyone know if BOFA's recon is open on weekends or do i have to call them on Monday as well to find out?

At any rate i guess it's better that i apped now so the inquaries will both fall off at the same time 2 years from now and after 1 year not effect me as much... LOL

Capital One QuickSilver MC $4.5K | Walmart $5K (CLOSED) | BOA Cash Rewards Sig $6.5K | BOA BBR $1K | Discover IT $13.5K | AMEX Sr Green Charge (NPSL) | PNC CashBuilder $1.5K | Paypal Extras MC $6k | PNC Auto Loan $20,038.75 | AMEX SimplyCash Biz CC $3k | BOA Cash Rewards Biz CC $3.5K | Chase Freedom Sig $8K | CapOne Spark BIZ Cash Visa Sig $5k | AMEX SimplyCash Biz CC $10k (LLC) | AMEX Everyday $2k | Sallie Mae WMC $6.4K | Citi Double Cash WEMC $6.2k | DCU Visa Platinum $1K (CLOSED0 | PSECU Visa w/PSL $8k | Chase Ink Cash BIZ Sig CC $3k | FNBO Biz Visa $9.5K | AMEX SimplyCash Plus BIZ CC $10k | Fidelity Rewards Visa Sig $4.7k | AARP Visa $500 |
New Contributor

linux007969 wrote:

I just apped for this card and got the following:

" Thank you for submitting a credit card application.

Your business is appreciated and careful consideration is being given to your request, but an instant decision cannot be provided at this time.

You will receive a written response within the next 30 days. "

I already have a 123 secured card but figured WTH and apped, i'm thinking they will probably denie me considering i apped for barclays earlier today they might come back and say "too many inquaries" Smiley Sad

Does anyone know if BOFA's recon is open on weekends or do i have to call them on Monday as well to find out?

At any rate i guess it's better that i apped now so the inquaries will both fall off at the same time 2 years from now and after 1 year not effect me as much... LOL

Late response, but their recon is not open on weekends. Gotta call them during normal business hours M-F.

I'm planning to call them up tomorrow to see if I can PC from a Power Rewards to this Better Balance Rewards card. I'll keep everyone posted & just edit my post!

how to cancel free trial of score watch
Chase Freedom Unlimited - $15,000 (5/16) | Discover IT - $9,800 (3/13) | Chase Freedom - $7,000 (12/12) | BofA 123 Cash - $7,500 (10/10)
Valued Contributor

flyingpenguin wrote:

Good to hear a PIF is considered "qualifying."

• Since Quarterly Cash Rewards have a monetary value, you’re responsible for any tax responsibilities that may arise from receiving rewards. Please consult your tax advisor for details.

Hm. Could the rewards taxable?

It could be. Technically speaking this is not cashback (where it depends on transaction volume), but rather cash reward based on good payment behavior. I would imagine BofA probably will mail 1099-MISC to IRS and you.

In My Wallet:
Citi Forward (12/2010) | Citi Dividend (05/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | GECRB/PayPal (05/2012)
Discover it (07/2012) | AMEX BCP (09/2012) | TD/Target REDCard (10/2012) | Chase Ink Classic (11/2012)
BofA BBR (04/2013) | FNBO/Overstock.com (02/2014) | Barclaycard Arrival (04/2014) | FIA/Fidelity AMEX (04/2014)
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

flyingpenguin wrote:
  • Qualifying Payment — A monthly payment received on or before the Due Date, which is more than the Minimum Payment due; a payment in full received on or before the Due Date is a Qualifying Payment

So, a $1.00 charge per month is considered "qualifying?"  Nice return, even if it is taxable.  With a BofA account, charge $12 per year and receive $120.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.