Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW LIMIT INCREASE ON AMAZON

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

NEW LIMIT INCREASE ON AMAZON

Again I repeat that credit increases have more to do with the person in customer service than your credit scores.My baby sis was able to get her third increase in limit on her Amazon.First increase was a doubling of her limit and the second was as well.Today was just a $2K increase but she has gone from $1500 to $8K in only 3 months. Amazing!! I

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Re: NEW LIMIT INCREASE ON AMAZON

Wonderful news congrats to your sis!

Message 2 of 10
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Wow.. those are nice increases!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 10
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Very nice CLI in a very short time. Smiley Happy

But, I think the time of year has a lot to do with it too. It is much easier to get CLI's now leading up to Christmas than in Jan/Feb etc. IMO.

Message 4 of 10
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

Very nice CLI in a very short time. Smiley Happy

But, I think the time of year has a lot to do with it too. It is much easier to get CLI's now leading up to Christmas than in Jan/Feb etc. IMO.

She was told no by a couple credit reps before finding the right person to get her increase.And this is true each time she went after a increase.I have a feeling her limit will be up to $15-$20K by the one year mark of having the card.She is good at this.

Goal 750 Across

Message 5 of 10
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

wow i thought GE didnt give increases until the 4 month mark?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 6 of 10
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

They usually don't but we are talking about a person that love the art of conversation. By the time the conversation is over she and the representative are usually fast friends. Allmost like blood relatives. Amazing! She is now going to get her new BP Visa increased. Mean while at the ranch my Freedom is still at its original limit from two months ago.

Goal 750 Across

Message 7 of 10
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Congrats to your sister!!!

@rootpooty wrote:

I called all of my GE cards a month after getting them and asked for an increase and they gave me a cli on all 3. The first statment had not even cut yet. I didn't ask for much because I was new to all of this. But I am assuming it set me back on the 4 month mark because I called to get a cli on my walmart card and they said no.  Cat Frustrated

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 8 of 10
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

That's crazy!  Tell her not to get carried away with Christmas shopping.  Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

Sooo I just doubled my limit last month on my Amazon card and read this thread and was like what I want try again. Sure enough talked to a really nice woman and told her I shop a lot on Amazon and shes like you just got an increase last month, but we can give you another 1K of course I took it. Whoohoo!! I <3 GE

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.