cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW UPDATED LIST for Comenity Bank Store Cards- can be useful for Shopping cart trick

tag
brikays
Regular Contributor

Re: NEW UPDATED LIST for Comenity Bank Store Cards- can be useful for Shopping cart trick

@Scupra wrote:

@scorpio_queen02 wrote:

I just wanted to add my experience today. I am rebuilding my credit from my spontaneous youth and came across this today. Mind you I had the balls to apply for the Barclays card (approved- $1900 CL) and Discover it card (I THINK $1400, they said wait 4-5 days but I didnt see anything about a credit limit besides what I shouldnt go over), also Chase Freedom, the one I really wanted, but got the 7-10 day notice for that one (bummer!). So I was very curious about this back door business and decided to try my luck. I cleared my cache and tried with

Ann Taylor (7-10 day notice letter)

Loft (7-10 day notice letter)

Victorias Secret (nothing happened)

NY and Company (nothing happened)

J Crew ($750!!!)

It seems like it is pretty random I was ready to give up after getting the 7-10 day letter and nothing happening! I REALLY didnt think I would get the J Crew but hey! I am doinf a celebratory cabbage patch =)

FYI my TU FICO (656) and EQ FICO (661), I checked them here today.

I would probably lay low for a bit. You just got the Barclay card and apped for 5 store cards. Trend is that Barclay's does not like that.

+1

~ Hover over cards to view limits ~

Message 91 of 701
CraveMazda
Contributor

Re: NEW UPDATED LIST for Comenity Bank Store Cards- can be useful for Shopping cart trick

I just tried the shopping card trick at Victoria's Secret and got the pop-up for $750. I didn't take it nor did I get anything. I really want a J. Crew pop-up but haven't gotten it Smiley Sad. Are we sure these pop-ups are SP's? Has anyone ever accepted a pop-up offer to find out it was a HP? I'm in Garden so I can't really being apping <g> but SP's don't count (sneaky sneaky)....

Cap 1 Plat: $750 | Zync: NPSL | NFCU Rewards MC: $23K | Nordstrom Visa: $10K | USAA Amex: $4K | Chase Freedom: $5K | Discover IT: 11,500K | BCE: $ 11K
Message 92 of 701
JMills
Frequent Contributor

It is a soft pull, if you got a pop up with Victoria Secret, You will eventually get a pop up with J Crew. Be Patient : )
Starting Score: EX: 705 EQ: 711 TU: 750 01/06/2014
Current Score: EX: 673 EQ: 673 TU: 643 05/06/2020

Last App: 05/06/202020 / In the Garden Until: 12/31/2024

Desired Scores EQ 800 EX 800 TU 800

PSCEU $20,000 Navy Signature $6,600 Navy Rewards $2,500
Message 93 of 701
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CraveMazda wrote:

I just tried the shopping card trick at Victoria's Secret and got the pop-up for $750. I didn't take it nor did I get anything. I really want a J. Crew pop-up but haven't gotten it Smiley Sad. Are we sure these pop-ups are SP's? Has anyone ever accepted a pop-up offer to find out it was a HP? I'm in Garden so I can't really being apping <g> but SP's don't count (sneaky sneaky)....

IIRC, the Total Rewards CC can also offer the pre-approval pop-up like VS and other Comenity retail CCs.  However, it appears accepting the offer results in HP unlike the others.

Message 94 of 701
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@CraveMazda wrote:

IIRC, the Total Rewards CC can also offer the pre-approval pop-up like VS and other Comenity retail CCs.  However, it appears accepting the offer results in HP unlike the others.

I am getting in position for an app spree and was thinking about throwing the total rewards visa on the end. I go to vegas fairly often and don't usually stay at Caesar, but I have stayed at the Paris before and it was cool.So I wouldn't mind using the perks it comes with....

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 95 of 701
scorpio_queen02
Valued Member

Update-- Duly noted about Barclay, I decided to make my way to the garden. BUT I wanted to share a few things

I got a letter from Chase saying the reason they did not approve me was because of a derogatory relationship with their bank. I was shocked. WHAT? I only have a checking account with chase and have been a customer since they we Washington Mutual, at least a good 10 years. I was thinking about calling their back door number for reconsideration but then I changed my mind. I am so done with that bank! I even closed my checking account with them and do not plan on doing business with them in the near future. 

Second thing that happened was I got a letter in the mail from Bank of America, the thin, one pieece of paper types, that you KNOW what it says before you open it. WRONG. It said I had been approved! I applied 12/5 and they made their decision 12/11! I never thought that 7-10 day letter thing would give approvals. The letter did not mention the credit limit. As I was curious, I went to credit sesame and it said I had 3 new accounts opened. The BOA CL was $1000. Yippee!! I thought it would be closer to my Barclays or Discover, but hey, beggars cant be choosers--yet. I will give it a little time before I ask for an increase.

Lastly, while on credit sesame, one of the 3 new accounts opened was ANN TAYLOR! $1000 CL. I did the cabbage patch and the running man! Great surprises! I have updated my sig with everything and am taking out my gardening tools until at least 2015!

All this due to you all at myFico!! 

Message 96 of 701
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@scorpio_queen02 wrote:

Update-- Duly noted about Barclay, I decided to make my way to the garden. BUT I wanted to share a few things

I got a letter from Chase saying the reason they did not approve me was because of a derogatory relationship with their bank. I was shocked. WHAT? I only have a checking account with chase and have been a customer since they we Washington Mutual, at least a good 10 years. I was thinking about calling their back door number for reconsideration but then I changed my mind. I am so done with that bank! I even closed my checking account with them and do not plan on doing business with them in the near future. 

Second thing that happened was I got a letter in the mail from Bank of America, the thin, one pieece of paper types, that you KNOW what it says before you open it. WRONG. It said I had been approved! I applied 12/5 and they made their decision 12/11! I never thought that 7-10 day letter thing would give approvals. The letter did not mention the credit limit. As I was curious, I went to credit sesame and it said I had 3 new accounts opened. The BOA CL was $1000. Yippee!! I thought it would be closer to my Barclays or Discover, but hey, beggars cant be choosers--yet. I will give it a little time before I ask for an increase.

Lastly, while on credit sesame, one of the 3 new accounts opened was ANN TAYLOR! $1000 CL. I did the cabbage patch and the running man! Great surprises! I have updated my sig with everything and am taking out my gardening tools until at least 2015!

All this due to you all at myFico!! 

Sorry to hear about Chase.  It's one  of those things, you either love them or dislike them...everyone has different goals/perspectives of course.

On the upside, it sounds like you had some recent successes, so congrats on that!  Grow them well.

Message 97 of 701
NursePurse
Frequent Contributor

This post has helped me so much!I haven't applied for ANY credit cards in at least 10-12 years (due to lots of credit cards in my early 20's) After doing some reasearch, I first applied for 2 capital one cards (platinum $1,000) and quicksilver ($500) I was approved for both of these cards in the same week. At first I was denied for the quicksilver, but I called customer service and told them that I wasn't aware that applying for 2 capital one cards within a week was not a good idea, I also told them that their chat representative told me that it *was* ok to apply for the second card. I'm not exactly sure what my credit score was because iI used an online free credit service that said my experian credit score was 593 (I checked and viewed my report on the experian site and my credit score with them was 549, experian 563, and transunion 530. On Dec 11 I received a denial from target and their letter stated my score was 593- they pulled  transunion, but on December 7 I received a denial letter form Barclay's NFL visa and their letter states my transuntion score at the time was 567.

So after seeing this post about the comenity bank store cards, I have since gotten the pre-qualified pop-ups for the following stores:

VS: $250

OneStopPlus: $500

J.Crew: $250

LOFT: $250

The Buckle: $250

I applied on my own for these cards with no pop-up and got approved:

Express: $250, True Value $350 - was hoping for the discover)

So approved for all of the above, and denied for these: Wal-mart, target, Barclaycard and I'm sure 2 or 3 more. 

I decieded to take one day and just go for it, apply for a bunch of cards, no matter what the inquiries were going to amount to and once I had my cards, lay low for 2 years

EQ FICO 694 TU FICO 689 EXP FICO 695(Started rebuilding in Nov 2013, student loan charge-off's dating from 2011, all marked as paid on CRB's) 14% Utl Chase United Mileage Plus $5G/Citi DoubleCash $4G/USAirways MC $5G/NFCU cashRewards $11,500/Navcheck $10G/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2,500/Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2G/Gap $2500/Barclay Rewards MC $1G/Walmart $2,500/CareCredit joint $8400 LOFT/Express/VS all $2500 /J.Crew$7500/True Value $3G/True Value Discover$3G/Nordstrom $6G/Amazon $4G/ Amex Hilton HHonors $1G/Chase Amazon $500/Chase Freedom $2G/Paypal MC $4G/Amex Everyday $2G/Venture $5G/Amex Costco$2G
Message 98 of 701
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

curious what happens  if someone who knows they are pre approved but has not accepted goes to the link i provided.....would it give an ammount of approval? please keep in mind that after i close on my house i am swiftly leaving the garden for a small period, thats why i am asking.

Message 99 of 701
Ron1
Super Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

curious what happens  if someone who knows they are pre approved but has not accepted goes to the link i provided.....would it give an ammount of approval? please keep in mind that after i close on my house i am swiftly leaving the garden for a small period, thats why i am asking.

I got pop-up pre-approval from Love Loft cc. I accepted the offer and got instantly approved for $1500. Smiley Happy Tried Ann Taylor and didn't get instantly approved. Smiley Sad

Ron.

Message 100 of 701
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.