cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW UPDATED LIST for Comenity Bank Store Cards- can be useful for Shopping cart trick

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NEW UPDATED LIST for Comenity Bank Store Cards- can be useful for Shopping cart trick

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm a new member, I have been reading about these SCT for a few days, I just had a question.  Has anyone had many bad experiences with Comenity bank, I was reading the reviews on Yelp and they didn't sound like a very reputable bank, although they were for the HSN and Victoria secret and these customers may have had problems.    Also are the VS and MC's pretty much hard pulls now?

Thanks

Hi Sabrina,

Welcome to the forums! Here is a good place to get started on some Comenity reading that can help you make your decision.

Comenity cards have been helpful for a number of myfico members, but it's always best to only apply for cards you will actually use, and to be informed before making decisions. Smiley Happy

I've never had a problem personally with my Comenity Total Rewards Visa, but I do plan to remove the Comenity card from my profile eventually.

Hope this helps

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/New-myfico-members-and-Comenity-cards/m-p/4520979/highlight/true#M1304440

Message 641 of 701
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Re: NEW UPDATED LIST for Comenity Bank Store Cards- can be useful for Shopping cart trick

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Welcome To The Forums and we're happy that you could join with us on this credit journey.

Word of advice is do well with those SCT cards but also focus on your own plan at some point to bring in major bank cards as a main priority.

Too much attention to the easy pickings of SCT cards will only delay your progress in building into Prime Cards at decent limits.

I loaded up when i first started with many of them, established history with those and closed many of them at the (1) year mark and it became much easier for the big banks to show more confidence in offering better cards where limits with them can grow very well for you over time.

+1. Excellent advice from a seasoned, experienced forum member here.

Remember that the interest rates are sky high on all of these Comenity cards, and they have very limited benefits compared to other credit cards.

There are also many threads on myfico of members having all of their cards closed when they apply for multiple cards at once or have too many overall inquiries on their credit reports. 

It may be best to focus on obtaining one or two cards you will actually use and stop there. Smiley Happy

Just trying to offer a little heads up before the boats get loaded down with too many folks piling them up on their reports.

+1

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 642 of 701
Anonymous
Not applicable

The_Credit_Guy. I am sorry to say that you are misleading people with information for Shopping cart trick. I applied for the BJs mastercard because I read where you mentioned it was a soft pull since they only asked for the last four in your social. I was approved for the mastercard and I saw it was a hard pull on my credit. I called the bank and they confirmed that it was a hard pull...

Message 643 of 701
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The_Credit_Guy. I am sorry to say that you are misleading people with information for Shopping cart trick. I applied for the BJs mastercard because I read where you mentioned it was a soft pull since they only asked for the last four in your social. I was approved for the mastercard and I saw it was a hard pull on my credit. I called the bank and they confirmed that it was a hard pull...

Wow, you do realize that The_Credit_Guy's post is over 2 years old don't you? Things in the credit world do change.

Message 644 of 701
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you read through the 65 pages, you'll see that starting about 6 or so months ago, Comenity began doing hard pulls for their branded Visa/Mastercard offerings.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 645 of 701
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dalmus wrote:

If you read through the 65 pages, you'll see that starting about 6 or so months ago, Comenity began doing hard pulls for their branded Visa/Mastercard offerings.

+1

Message 646 of 701
Anonymous
Not applicable

SCT is alive with a soft pull. For VISA!!

I am living proof of a 10K limit with Sportmans Guide and it is dated 7/17/2016.

All my boards are frozen and was cancelling all my Comenity when I hit the sale at Sportsmans Guide.

All my boards are on ice.

Soft pull shows for 7/17 and I have not received the card yet. But it IS reporting on all 3 boards at 10K limit.

So soft pulls are alive and well for the Visas and MCs, plan on screen shotting when card finally arrives and show in my dashboard.

I was trying to close my last comenity when the pop up bit me....NO HARD PULL. 

Good luck on SCT.

Comenity cards were my rebuilders...I will forever have a soft spot for SCT. They were good to me and I made tons of payments to them over the last two years. I was hurrying to close ALL when the SCT pop up (soft pull) bit me for 10K. Feel it was worth it. It brings me to 234K in avaiable credit...with less than 1% in debt. Rethinking Comenity at this point. 

Good luck all.

Data points: 711 Fico ,   EQ 60+ Hard pulls, less than 1% debt that includes car loan. A bad habit type of PIF before statement is close to closing. 

Comenity soft pulls converted to HPs when I cancelled 11 cards before they were a year old...44 point loss...a lesson learned on this forum of what NOT to do! AAOA 1.5 years. 34 open accounts...37 closed in over two years time. Barclay hates me..6 rejections, finally in with Citi and 2nd Amex...forgot to garden!! Trying...really!!

FAVE today:  Penfed!

Message 647 of 701
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just tryed the sct on Overstock.  it worked!  Smiley Happy well, i was approved anyway.  Im assuming it was a soft hit for it to actually work, i will keep an eye on my credit score and update this if was a hard hit.  I did have to enter my ssn.  I will probably try this on 1-2 more in the next couple of days.  I don't want to just do a whole bunch but if i can get these to increase my credit, I'm in.  Smiley Happy

Message 648 of 701
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

SCT is alive with a soft pull. For VISA!!

I am living proof of a 10K limit with Sportmans Guide and it is dated 7/17/2016.

Soft pull shows for 7/17 and I have not received the card yet. But it IS reporting on all 3 boards at 10K limit.

So soft pulls are alive and well for the Visas and MCs, plan on screen shotting when card finally arrives and show in my dashboard.

I was trying to close my last comenity when the pop up bit me....NO HARD PULL. 

@humuhumunukunukuapua'a wrote:

Congratulations on your new card. Sportsman's Guide has really been the only (occasional) exception to HP's for SCT Visa and Mastercards.

All other Visa and Mastercards are definitely 100% HP, as dalmus stated above, whether you apply via SCT or via regular application.

Just didn't want others to be confused.

Sportman's Guide via SCT has been HP about 60% of the time.

Message 649 of 701
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoop! I was approved for VS this month through the SCT for $250 making it my first store card. Does anyone know if any of the Amazon cards work with the SCT?
Message 650 of 701
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.