cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW UPDATED LIST for Comenity Bank Store Cards- can be useful for Shopping cart trick

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NEW UPDATED LIST for Comenity Bank Store Cards- can be useful for Shopping cart trick

@Anonymous wrote:

So far, the only ones that have worked for me have been VS, Express, and NY&Co.  Kohls sent me a mailer for a pre-approved, and it turned out to be a hard pull.  Wanted to call them to have it removed, but I could not find it written anywhere that it wouldn't affect my score even though I thought I had read that somewhere.  The rest, I had no luck despite turning on the pop ups and clearing my cookies.  TU 631, EQ 639, EXP 676.

You won't be able to have a valid hard pull removed, and this is a valid hard pull. Receiving a mailer for a card being pre-approved does not mean it won't be a hard pull.

Kohl's also is not part of Comenity and has nothing to do with the SCT.

Message 691 of 701
Seamslong
Valued Member

Re: NEW UPDATED LIST for Comenity Bank Store Cards- can be useful for Shopping cart trick

My Commenity bank cards limits are at a stand still since last year. I did however did an increase on my smart connect PayPal account I asked for 2k they countered with 1500 I accepted. I did get a small increase on that one 200 dollars without asking around the 6 month mark the balance was high at the time. It will be a year old I believe in May or June.
My Amazon/Walmart are 5k they will be a year old in May I'm curious to see if they will increase or not
Wayfair and Overstock are 3,100 they won't budge
Over stock has no balance and wayfair 400.00 used the interest free deferred option that will be paid off by next month. For the most part I'm happy with Commenity bank cards I don't plan on picking up anymore
I finally got my Amex card this month and was declined same time last year lol
So now I'm focusing on consolidating Capitol Ones they bought out a lot smaller companies so I have three of the same card I want to consolidate into one account. But they have to have a zero balance to combine

Remaining Card limit goals:
Capitol One 3,600/2,500/2,300 goal 10k each line or close after buy a home|Discover $9.5k goal 15k | Citibank $6.5k goal 10k | Southwest $8,200 goal 20k |PayPal goal $6.0k goal 10k|Wayfair $2.1k goal $5.0k

Possibly cancelling:
Amex Blue 2k | No credit line increase since inception 2017
Closed accounts
Legacy CC/Capitol One secured 08/2021
Amex 11/2022

Entered the garden on 9/01/2021
Message 692 of 701
hippychic823
Regular Contributor

Just to add some info on the Your Tuition Solution "credit card" from Comenity. I applied for this through our local Sylvan Learning Center for my son's tuition there. I was approved for 3K. I was under the impression that it was an installment type loan. Got a HP almost instantly on all 3 bureaus. Reported about 2 days after opening on all 3 bureaus. However, it reports as revolving and not an installment. So, I now have a open, positive revolving line (rebuilding currently so this reporting as revolving actually helps since I had literally no revolvers at that point) however it makes it appear as though I have a high util rate since it immediately reported with me owing 3k on a 3k CL. I've already paid it down by $600 but still has the appearance of a maxed out revolver in FICO's eyes. Just wanted to share this with anyone who may end up with this "credit card".
Message 693 of 701
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So far, the only ones that have worked for me have been VS, Express, and NY&Co.  Kohls sent me a mailer for a pre-approved, and it turned out to be a hard pull.  Wanted to call them to have it removed, but I could not find it written anywhere that it wouldn't affect my score even though I thought I had read that somewhere.  The rest, I had no luck despite turning on the pop ups and clearing my cookies.  TU 631, EQ 639, EXP 676.

Try J Crew, Pottery Barn, and Williams Sonoma. I have gotten all of those to pop-up.  

Message 694 of 701
Anonymous
Not applicable

@atomicfront wrote:

Try J Crew, Pottery Barn, and Williams Sonoma. I have gotten all of those to pop-up.  

Williams Sonoma for sure (store card) -- I was actually already buying something for $600 minus the 20% off friends and family sale, and even with high 500 FICOs I got the SCT without thinking about it.  They gave me $400 so I opened an incognito window to buy $100 gift card since my total was $499.96 and my CL was only $400, but the card gives 5% rewards so wanted to use it.  Waited for card to come, signed up with Comenity, PIF'd immediately.

Wasn't looking for it but was at J. Crew buying a new shirt and SCT showed up for me.  Didn't accept it because not ready to poke the Comenity beast again, but nice to see they're willing.  I'd use the J. Crew card because of 5% rewards AND they give you free alterations on in-store purchases.  So I'll wait for my AAoA to get high enough that a new account won't bump me down to the next age group and hopefully SCT pops up again.

Message 695 of 701
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been trying to do the trick. I must be doing something wrong. I have not seen the pop up .

Message 696 of 701
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

When I received mine they were for Williams Sonoma Eddie Baur and Overstock keep trying it does work it will pop up automatically 😊 don't give up ✔️
Message 697 of 701
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@atomicfront wrote:

Williams Sonoma for sure (store card) -- I was actually already buying something for $600 minus the 20% off friends and family sale, and even with high 500 FICOs I got the SCT without thinking about it.  They gave me $400 so I opened an incognito window to buy $100 gift card since my total was $499.96 and my CL was only $400, but the card gives 5% rewards so wanted to use it.  Waited for card to come, signed up with Comenity, PIF'd immediately.

Wasn't looking for it but was at J. Crew buying a new shirt and SCT showed up for me.  Didn't accept it because not ready to poke the Comenity beast again, but nice to see they're willing.  I'd use the J. Crew card because of 5% rewards AND they give you free alterations on in-store purchases.  So I'll wait for my AAoA to get high enough that a new account won't bump me down to the next age group and hopefully SCT pops up again.

Nice thing about J Crew is all there sales and then you get the 20 percent off to add onto that in your initial purchase.  And then they send you a 20 percent off coupon with the card in the mail.  So if you time it right and use the card when they have their sales of 30 percent off that come up frequently you can get two orders of 46 percent off.  

I really like their clothing.  Much higher quality than you will find anywhere else at that price level.  

Message 698 of 701
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been trying to do the trick. I must be doing something wrong. I have not seen the pop up .

Clearer your browser cookies and start an incognito window.  Make sure your name and address match your credit report exactly.  Try Victoria Secret first as that is probably the easiest one to get to pop-up.

Message 699 of 701
Anonymous
Not applicable

My hubby was able to get King Size Direct to pop up for him yesterday.  Easy-peasy - no special tricks, worked right away.  Small limit - ok because it's only his second card and will really help in the rebuild to report at zero.  I was unable to get Lane Bryant to pop up for me.  Tried all the tricks, but ordered anyway as I needed a few new things for work.  

Message 700 of 701
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.