cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW UPDATED LIST for Comenity Bank Store Cards- can be useful for Shopping cart trick

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: NEW UPDATED LIST for Comenity Bank Store Cards- can be useful for Shopping cart trick

beats me, my bankruptcy will be on for another 8 years...on a side note out scores almost mirror each other depending on the model of fico being used

Message 81 of 701
scorpio_queen02
Valued Member

Re: NEW UPDATED LIST for Comenity Bank Store Cards- can be useful for Shopping cart trick

I just wanted to add my experience today. I am rebuilding my credit from my spontaneous youth and came across this today. Mind you I had the balls to apply for the Barclays card (approved- $1900 CL) and Discover it card (I THINK $1400, they said wait 4-5 days but I didnt see anything about a credit limit besides what I shouldnt go over), also Chase Freedom, the one I really wanted, but got the 7-10 day notice for that one (bummer!). So I was very curious about this back door business and decided to try my luck. I cleared my cache and tried with

Ann Taylor (7-10 day notice letter)

Loft (7-10 day notice letter)

Victorias Secret (nothing happened)

NY and Company (nothing happened)

J Crew ($750!!!)

It seems like it is pretty random I was ready to give up after getting the 7-10 day letter and nothing happening! I REALLY didnt think I would get the J Crew but hey! I am doinf a celebratory cabbage patch =)

FYI my TU FICO (656) and EQ FICO (661), I checked them here today.

Message 82 of 701
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

just have to throw this out there for the sportsmans visa

www.sportsmansguide.com/net/checkout/AdsPrescreenAcceptance.aspx

that brings up the pre approval pop up in itself, no hp anywhere from what i have seen

This link will not work unless you're in their database of pre-approvals.

You will get the Delay In Processing message and most probably a decline letter.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 83 of 701
Scupra
Super Contributor

@scorpio_queen02 wrote:

I just wanted to add my experience today. I am rebuilding my credit from my spontaneous youth and came across this today. Mind you I had the balls to apply for the Barclays card (approved- $1900 CL) and Discover it card (I THINK $1400, they said wait 4-5 days but I didnt see anything about a credit limit besides what I shouldnt go over), also Chase Freedom, the one I really wanted, but got the 7-10 day notice for that one (bummer!). So I was very curious about this back door business and decided to try my luck. I cleared my cache and tried with

Ann Taylor (7-10 day notice letter)

Loft (7-10 day notice letter)

Victorias Secret (nothing happened)

NY and Company (nothing happened)

J Crew ($750!!!)

It seems like it is pretty random I was ready to give up after getting the 7-10 day letter and nothing happening! I REALLY didnt think I would get the J Crew but hey! I am doinf a celebratory cabbage patch =)

FYI my TU FICO (656) and EQ FICO (661), I checked them here today.

I would probably lay low for a bit. You just got the Barclay card and apped for 5 store cards. Trend is that Barclay's does not like that.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 84 of 701
brindle26
Regular Contributor

I clicked on the link you provided and the pre-approval message came up with all my info. Had to provide SS# and income range. Hit submit and went to an error page. Did it again and this time went to the Sportsman's guide page. So my question is have I been approved for the Visa or not?

I called the credit deptment and they had no record of me applyiny but when I mentioned it was a pre-approval they said that comes from "Visa" and my card should arrive in 7-10 days.

Message 85 of 701
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@brindle26 wrote:

I clicked on the link you provided and the pre-approval message came up with all my info. Had to provide SS# and income range. Hit submit and went to an error page. Did it again and this time went to the Sportsman's guide page. So my question is have I been approved for the Visa or not?

I called the credit deptment and they had no record of me applyiny but when I mentioned it was a pre-approval they said that comes from "Visa" and my card should arrive in 7-10 days.

Were you able to confirm whether an account was established for you?  They can typically retrieve limited account information even if it's a new account.

Message 86 of 701
brindle26
Regular Contributor

The only account info they had was that I had a buyer's club membership.

Message 87 of 701
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I guess you'll get to find out in about 7-10 days!  You could call their customer service number in a few days to see what your CL is and whatnot, if indeed an account was established since it will be on the system.

Message 88 of 701
anaheimskip

Once I'm established with Comenity, how soon before I might start seeing the pre-approval deals? I only have J. Crew and HSN (really great, because they often will offer extra flex pays). Haven't seen any SPs on my credit reports yet, so I imagine once I do, I will see them, or maybe not. Any sites do it more often? Don't want Victoria Secret, since I'm a guy -- though I like Bath & Body Works.

Message 89 of 701
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

These appear to be random and based on your CR profile.  The higher the score and the cleaner the profile, the better the chances for getting those to pop-up.

Each Comenity card program has different elegibility criteria and their pre-approved offers may vary.  In most cases they don't SP your CRs before the offer (unless you get a mail solicitation).  Typically, the SP occurs at the moment your information is input during the shopping cart experience or when logged into your profile.  Since you're a dude, you can try The Buckle and see if that works.  I am a dude and I have a VS card and I use it at B&BW.

Also, for best results, be sure to clear your cache/history/cookies.

Message 90 of 701
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.