Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Approval!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Approval!!!

Actually do a check for branches on their website. In MA they have agreements with other Credit Unions and with a debit card you can deposit "free" in any of those affiliates ATMs! I asked  that same question because they don't have any branches in MA or within 100 miles!

Message 31 of 35
melitza1603
Valued Member

Hello all, I opened an acct with NFCU in mid June. Two weeks later I applied for the secured nRewards and approved for $500. A week later I applied for and was approved immediate for the GoRewards card at $2,000. I tried applying for the Cash Rewards and was denied because "other accounts are too new". My FICO is 628 and I wanted to improve on that with a higher limit around 10k - 15k. Should I do a CLOC, a personal loan, or a CLI? And if so, when?
Message 32 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the initial $2k limit after opening the secured credit card. As for NFCU, it's widely known that you usually can't open up 2 credit cards at one time.

NFCU is usually generous with increases and the story goes that once you open up your credit card. You use it, let it cut 3 statements, and then also have it open for 90 days.

After that you can request the CLI and most of the time you'll get a nice new limit. Also, I think I've seen on here that then you can apply for the 2nd card and usually will get approved with the same limit as the other.

As for PLOC, I think you can apply for that at anytime but they say to request the $15k limit. If not approved for that amount they will counter you. My experience was they didn't approve me for the $15k but did approve me for $3800 but I ended up not taking it.
Message 33 of 35
melitza1603
Valued Member

Well, I just applied for the Personal LOC and was flat out denied. I will wait 6 months to try anything.
Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

At least you got your foot in the door with the credit card! I'm sure you can get the 2nd card and PLOC down the road.

It seems like NFCU loves to take care of its members but you have to build the relationship obviously and having that card will help.
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.