Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Auto-CLI

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

NFCU Auto-CLI

I've not written about a CLI in a while, but I figured this one might be of interest...

I just received an email notification from NFCU that they have given me an auto-CLI on my Platinum MasterCard.  My previous CL was $20k, and they gave me a $4k CLI to make the new limit $24k.  Smiley Very Happy

NFCUautoCLI.png 

A little history... my starting credit line was $15.3k in late 2015, and I requested a CLI for 'max' back in September 2016 and was granted an increase to $20k (it was not instant).

I took a new BT a couple of weeks ago for $4200, before that the last time I used the card was for a $5 swipe last summer to keep it from being closed for non-use.  Also, I got an APR reduction in November to the lowest APR, which is now 7.24%.  My FICO 09 as reported by NFCU is 787.

As a side-note, my statement has also just closed today (with tomorrow's date), so the auto-CLI coincides with that as well. 

I was already quite pleased with my existing credit line, but hopefully the data points here will be useful to others who are wanting/needing to get a 'bump'.  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Auto-CLI

GO NAVY!!!!

Message 2 of 21
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Interesting datapoint. Seems the BT triggered the auto-CLI. Congrats on that!

Message 3 of 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@simplynoirwrote:

Interesting datapoint. Seems the BT triggered the auto-CLI. Congrats on that!

Thanks!  Smiley Very Happy

I don't know definitively if the BT was the cause or just a coincidence, but I suspect it did make a difference.  Smiley Wink

In the past it has been reported that to get auto-CLIs you would have to 'proactively' opt-in by calling, but I've never done that, which makes this all the more surprising.  I'm not complaining, though.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome UncleB even without asking for it!  Certainly can't complain about that!  Enjoy.

Message 5 of 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriositywrote:

Awesome UncleB even without asking for it!  Certainly can't complain about that!  Enjoy.

Thanks my friend!  Smiley Very Happy

With a little luck the trend will continue and others will start to get the same 'surprise' email.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 21
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Very nice! Congratulations, UncleB!! 👍👍

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 7 of 21
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

First time I've seen a true auto CLI from NFCU (not saying it has never happened) so I consider you a trailblazer Smiley Wink

Congrats!

Message 8 of 21
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats, UncleB!
Message 9 of 21
Gmood1
Super Contributor

That's how UnkaB gets it done!😀
I'm going to call in and let them know I'm your nephew. Maybe I can get one of those auto CLIs.😆
Congrats my friend! Those types of increases seem rare with NFCU.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.