Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI and CLOC

tag
astronemma
Valued Member

NFCU CLI and CLOC

Came out of the garden to refi my car with DCU because of a pre-approval a couple weeks ago (started at 13.6% with Cap1, now down to 3.99% with DCU!), and while I was at it decided to pull the trigger on a NFCU Cloc after they had denied me initially back in May. Was instantly approved for the max, 15K, on the CLOC. This morning, realized it had been more than 90 days on my NFCU cashRewards, and hit the button. Instant approval to 22k (starting line was 4200, and I've been using it for EVERYTHING but paying multiple times a month to keep it low).

Just 4 months ago I had a grand total of about $3k available credit. I'm officially in the 50k club now, and I'm not even 2 years out of my Ch7 discharge. Woot! Okay, back in the garden for me!

BK7 discharged: 10/25/15 | Current scores: 755 EQ 678 TU 673 EX
NFCU Flagship VisaPenFed Promise VisaDCU Platinum VisaDiscover IT Cash Back CardUSAA Cash Rewards AmexBarclays Apple Rewards VisaNFCU Cloc
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI and CLOC

Congrats

Message 2 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats insanely awesomeSmiley Happy Navy can take anyone and make them an astronaut overnightSmiley Wink Great job and huge difference in car paymentsSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 8
astronemma
Valued Member

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thats insanely awesomeSmiley Happy Navy can take anyone and make them an astronaut overnightSmiley Wink Great job and huge difference in car paymentsSmiley Wink

Thanks!

The refi didn't actually make a huge different to my car payment because the term is a little shorter, but the overall interest I'll pay will certainly be much less! So that's a good feeling. 

BK7 discharged: 10/25/15 | Current scores: 755 EQ 678 TU 673 EX
NFCU Flagship VisaPenFed Promise VisaDCU Platinum VisaDiscover IT Cash Back CardUSAA Cash Rewards AmexBarclays Apple Rewards VisaNFCU Cloc
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's pretty awesome, Congrats! But I thought one had to be 2+ years from discharge to be consider for any of their loan products? Unless that has changed..
Message 5 of 8
sonicchris8
Regular Contributor

Congrats. Navy has been doing some amazing things...

Starting scores: 538 EQ, 552 TU, 520 EX Current scores (11/18/20): 640 EQ 638 TU 654 EX
Message 6 of 8
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Fantastic! Congrats!!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your successes!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.