Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI!!

tag
LesWH
Established Contributor

NFCU CLI!!

I asked for, and received, a $4,000 dollar credit limt increase on my Cash Rewards Signature Visa from Navy Federal.  I called the rep, who was very pleasant,  yesterday and did it all in a few miutes.  My initial limit was $16,000.  Now it is a nice round $20,000!  I love NFCU!! Oh, and it was a soft pull.  I made sure of it.  I even asked for the rep's name just in case a hard pull surfaced.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI!!

@LesWH wrote:

I asked for, and received, a $4,000 dollar credit limt increase on my Cash Rewards Signature Visa from Navy Federal.  I called the rep, who was very pleasant,  yesterday and did it all in a few miutes.  My initial limit was $16,000.  Now it is a nice round $20,000!  I love NFCU!! Oh, and it was a soft pull.  I made sure of it.  I even asked for the rep's name just in case a hard pull surfaced.

lol that's nice! congrats

I always write the time , date, csr name and number if they have it an state it as I'm writting it down, what is today's time? your name? your csr number? what cityare you in etc lol. i had reps tell me things in the past and never did it so this makes people more honest, i also tell them this call is being monitored for MY quality assurance as well. gets the point across.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 13
LesWH
Established Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

lol that's nice! congrats

I always write the time , date, csr name and number if they have it an state it as I'm writting it down, what is today's time? your name? your csr number? what cityare you in etc lol. i had reps tell me things in the past and never did it so this makes people more honest, i also tell them this call is being monitored for MY quality assurance as well. gets the point across.

LOL!  The guy kept laughing at me because I asked him numerous times whether it would be a HP or a SP.  I know how pull-happy NFCU is, so I didn't want them to do one.  I just opened this card in October, so it has only been open 1 month.  He kept assuring me that it was a soft pull.  He also told me that they were offering the 0% BT, and so far only a select few members have gotten the offer.  He said to keep watching for it.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

Message 3 of 13
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice increase, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 13
Karunch
Contributor

Congrats on your CLI!  NFCU is pretty amazing. 

Message 5 of 13
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the increase i recieved the 0% offer 2 months ago so yes it is available now

Message 6 of 13
LesWH
Established Contributor

@wallyworld123 wrote:

Congrats on the increase i recieved the 0% offer 2 months ago so yes it is available now

Lucky you!  I guess since I didn't actually have my card two months ago I don't feel bad, but I hope they offer it to me too!!

Message 7 of 13
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Sounds like the csr was misinformed. I've never ever seen a SP done for any type of credit request with NFCU. I'd pull my EQ report just to see.
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 8 of 13
LesWH
Established Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:
Sounds like the csr was misinformed. I've never ever seen a SP done for any type of credit request with NFCU. I'd pull my EQ report just to see.

You are absolutely correct!!  The CSR was misinformed because sure enough, EQ has the inquiry! I guess I shouldn't be too upset because I did get the increase, but the csr was DEAD wrong!!

Message 9 of 13
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

You are absolutely correct!!  The CSR was misinformed because sure enough, EQ has the inquiry! I guess I shouldn't be too upset because I did get the increase, but the csr was DEAD wrong!!

Well congrats on the approval.  They just gave me an increase as well.  The HP's from them dont really bother me cause more than likely they are rewarding

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.