Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CLI

@credit_endurance wrote:

Congratulations donny10 on your Cli! Question for you how many statements have cut since you've had your card?

4 cut, but I'm not including the first one because that cut a few days after being initially approved.

So my 3rd full statement closed yesterday.

Message 11 of 18
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

Congratulations donny10 on your Cli! Question for you how many statements have cut since you've had your card?

4 cut, but I'm not including the first one because that cut a few days after being initially approved.

Thanks. Good data points. I'm trying to put more spend on my cards with them to see if that makes some difference as well.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_endurance wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

Thanks. Good data points. I'm trying to put more spend on my cards with them to see if that makes some difference as well.

I only run around $500 through mine. I keep quite a bit of money in money market, checking and savings with them. But I doubt that had anything to do with getting the increase.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi donny, congratulations! That's $100 more than I was approved for with my cashRewards, December 2015. And, unlike you, I must have hit my head on something because I didn't even think to request more upon activation. At the time I was so shocked, and torn between applying for the LOC in addition, or waiting it out (I had plans to apply for a BCE too, which I did do, last January). Dang.

Anywho, enjoy your Go card!

Message 14 of 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@NYFan63 wrote:
Congrats Donny - I have not been on the boards for a while, work has been busy. Did NFCU change their policy of any CLI requests above $25l limit goes to immiediate review?

I'm sure it would have went to review if I hit the max button.

+1

I asked for my first (and only) CLI with Navy back in September, 10 months after getting my card with them.  I use the (then) new "max" button, and my request promptly went to review.  Two days and a HP later I did get a nice CLI so it turned out OK, but curiously I got a letter a few days later telling me that they were unable to grant my full request, but were counteroffering me with the amount they just gave me (in my case, a $4.7 bump to $20k).  The letter also gave me the option to turn down their offer (and have them undo the CLI), but I was happy to keep it.  

That led me to speculate that when the "max" button is used that an actual number is likely generated in their back-end systems that they then either grant or counter (as convoluted as that seems, in my past life in Telecom I saw even worse... LOL).  I will always wonder if I had simply entered the exact amount I wanted (which is actually exactly what they ended up giving me) if I could have slid by without the HP... but I'll never know.  Things that make you go hmm...  Smiley Very Happy

Enough of that talk, though... huge congrats on a sweet no-HP CLI!    screamer.gif

(even with the HP, it's a sweet  CLI nonetheless!)

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Toast-Fireworks-Gif.gif

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NYFan63 wrote:
Congrats Donny - I have not been on the boards for a while, work has been busy. Did NFCU change their policy of any CLI requests above $25l limit goes to immiediate review?

I'm sure it would have went to review if I hit the max button.

+1

I asked for my first (and only) CLI with Navy back in September, 10 months after getting my card with them.  I use the (then) new "max" button, and my request promptly went to review.  Two days and a HP later I did get a nice CLI so it turned out OK, but curiously I got a letter a few days later telling me that they were unable to grant my full request, but were counteroffering me with the amount they just gave me (in my case, a $4.7 bump to $20k).  The letter also gave me the option to turn down their offer (and have them undo the CLI), but I was happy to keep it.  

That led me to speculate that when the "max" button is used that an actual number is likely generated in their back-end systems that they then either grant or counter (as convoluted as that seems, in my past life in Telecom I saw even worse... LOL).  I will always wonder if I had simply entered the exact amount I wanted (which is actually exactly what they ended up giving me) if I could have slid by without the HP... but I'll never know.  Things that make you go hmm...  Smiley Very Happy

Enough of that talk, though... huge congrats on a sweet no-HP CLI!    screamer.gif

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Toast-Fireworks-Gif.gif

It was a HP, they pulled TU.

Message 16 of 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Well darn... I saw 'instant' and I guess I'm programmed to read 'SP' at the same time!  That'll teach me to read more carefully next time... dunce.gif

In any case it's still a great CLI and a great overall credit line... great job!  Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 18
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats Donny, that's a great CL!

I'm planning on making my move with Navy around April, after I prime my TU.

Congrats again!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.