Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Cash Rewards Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Cash Rewards Approval

I almost fell over! I have been with NFCU for just under 3 months and have the nrewards secured card with an $800 limit. My TU9 has skyrocketed since I was approved for that card. I was contemplating (in fact posted a thread about it) applying for a second card with them instead of waiting on them to graduate me. I said screw it and applied for a cloc of $500 which was instantly denied and a cash rewards. It came back with an automatic approval for a $15,000 sl! NFCU just more than doubled my credit! I have worked so freaking hard for this. Now I will sit back and wait for discover, cap1 and citi to unsecure and my trash card is getting closed. I still use my fingerhut but only for flower delivery every once in a while so I will let that sit. I have also been approved for $3k for Kays, $500 for Children's Place and $300 for Lane Bryant this week. I only apped those because they are places I spend money anyways and CP and LB have decent reward programs for card holders.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Cash Rewards Approval

Wow.  That's a HUGE SL.  Congratulations!!!!!  Whoop!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

I almost fell over! I have been with NFCU for just under 3 months and have the nrewards secured card with an $800 limit. My TU9 has skyrocketed since I was approved for that card. I was contemplating (in fact posted a thread about it) applying for a second card with them instead of waiting on them to graduate me. I said screw it and applied for a cloc of $500 which was instantly denied and a cash rewards. It came back with an automatic approval for a $15,000 sl! NFCU just more than doubled my credit! I have worked so freaking hard for this. Now I will sit back and wait for discover, cap1 and citi to unsecure and my trash card is getting closed. I still use my fingerhut but only for flower delivery every once in a while so I will let that sit. I have also been approved for $3k for Kays, $500 for Children's Place and $300 for Lane Bryant this week. I only apped those because they are places I spend money anyways and CP and LB have decent reward programs for card holders.

@Congratulations I'm new to NFCU too and I am waiting my 91 days per The Admiral @Anonymous to app for my 2nd card. NFCU is really showing LUV!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Genius, 

It really is! I am pretty stoked about it. I am sock drawering my citi and cap1 cards and only using them for a single autopay thing a month now. I will be closing the secured line at NFCU. No sense having an $800 toy line when they gave me a real spending limit that I can actually utilize within my means without worrying about utilization.

Message 4 of 10
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats on that amazing starting limit and improved scores! 🎉

Message 5 of 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Very nice approval there congrats!
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. Congrats .Do you mind sharing some data points? Scores in particular. 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure!

My FICO9 scores which is what I was told NFCU uses are EQ 668, TU 671, and EX 638. My FICO8 scores are currently EQ 632, TU 633, and EX 643. Only baddies are paid off and 5+ years old plus a couple 30-day lates that are almost 2 years old now. I have 4 secured cards with limits of $800, $500, $200 and $200, an unsecured subprime with a $450 limit, and Fingerhut with a $750 limit plus two AU accounts with limits of $6500 and $2500. My utilization is reporting at 16% right now.

Message 8 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Navy, THE INSANE LIFESmiley Happy

Navy, its whats for dinnerSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 10
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Congrats! I'm hoping to see some love from NFCU when I hit my 91/3 in mid-April.

Robot Very Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.