Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU + Cash Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU + Cash Rewards

Already in with PenFed who I love and have a $10k cc with. 

Decided to try with NFCU last night and my account went into review for checkings and savings.

Received an email about my deposit being withdrawn to account number ending ***** so I tried logging on and there was my account woot!

So I applied for the cash rewards and received instant approval but only at $2300 (one of my smallest limits now) can I do a CLI right away without a HP?

I know how to treat penfed but im new with NFCU

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU + Cash Rewards

Congrats 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Official-NFCU-CLI-Guide/td-p/2101185

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new card

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 8
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Others may have different experiences but be careful asking for a cli unless there has just been the bimonthly AR. Navy is very HP happy with me.
Message 6 of 8
alisadarrick
Regular Contributor

I've always heard if you got an instant approval that means you left money $$$ on the table.  here's one of the experts for NFCU @Creditaddict

BK7 Meeting of Creditors 12/14 Discharged 2/15
EQ 630
EX 631
TU 653
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's best to wait till the 1st AR and request the Full Monty (25k) and allow the computer to counter, if it counters no muss, no fuss you're good

If, no counter try to quickly cancel your request and save a HP but be careful, sometimes that HP happens FAST...I mean under 5 minutes fast they work 24/7 and there are times it happens lightening fast TRUST me on that Smiley Happy but they will AMAZE and are eager to plz.

PenFed isnt bad but Navy gets top billing in my book.
Good Luck
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.